Strange reboot loop

My components:
Case: nMEDIAPC Black Aluminum / Acrylic / Steel HTPC 6000B ATX Media Center / HTPC Case
MB: GIGABYTE GA-880GA-UD3H AM3 AMD 880G HDMI SATA 6Gb/s USB 3.0 ATX AMD Motherboard
Processor: AMD Athlon II X4 630 Propus 2.8GHz Socket AM3 95W Quad-Core Desktop Processor ADX630WFK42GI - OEM
Memory:G.SKILL Ripjaws Series 8GB (2 x 4GB) 240-Pin DDR3 SDRAM DDR3 1333 (PC3 10666) Desktop Memory Model F3-10666CL9D-8GBRL
PSU: Rosewill RV2-700 700W ATX12V v2.3 / EPS12V SLI Ready Power Supply
HDD: Seagate Barracuda 7200.12 ST31000528AS 1TB 7200 RPM 32MB Cache SATA 3.0Gb/s 3.5" Internal Hard Drive -Bare Drive

I have a sort of strange situation. I built a simple htpc about two years back. Had no problems for about a year and a half and then suddenly had some issues. The video would go out after a few minutes. I tried using both the onboard vga, onboard hdmi, card's vga, and card's hdmi but always the same issue. The pc was not shutting down just no video. I tried replacing the replacing the power supply but used an old power supply I had laying around so I am not too sure whether the psu was working correctly. I sent the motherboard back as an rma and got it back, rebuilt it only to find that the video is not going out but then when I try to install any OS (I have tried ubuntu, win 7, and win8) It gets about 4 or 5 minutes in and then goes into a strange reboot loop where it reboots constantly after about 20 seconds.

If anyone has any ideas please feel free. Right now I am thinking it is maybe the power supply. But I am likely a little over my head. Thanks in advance and sorry if this is posted in the wrong place or if any info was omitted. More than happy to answer any questions I can to help.
1 answer Last reply
More about strange reboot loop
  1. Well try running memtest and see if u get any error,

I had this problem too and i changed PSU .It somehow fixed it.

I tried everything with it but only that change fixed it.

Edit : The pc was a HP one
Ask a new question

Read More

Power Supplies Components