Thoughts on my upcomming system

Hello

I have decided to make a new gaming system and would like to know if these parts will run together just fine.


Specs:

CPU: i5 3570K
Motherboard: Gigabyte GA-Z77X-UD3H
RAM: Corsair Vengeance Low Profile 8GB DDR3 1600MHz
Optical: Samsung SH-222BB DVD±RW
PSU: Corsair TX650W V2
Case: CM 690 II Advanced USB 3.0 version
SSD: Samsung 830 128GB
GPU: PowerColor HD7970 V2


I think these parts would work great together, if anyone got some thoughts about this please do tell.
10 answers Last reply
More about thoughts upcomming system
  1. Pretty decent setup, but have you considered a GTX 670? The 7970 is pretty cool, but I think the 670 is the current big dog on the video card block. (680s cost more and barely outperform 670s)
  2. nekulturny said:
    Pretty decent setup, but have you considered a GTX 670? The 7970 is pretty cool, but I think the 670 is the current big dog on the video card block. (680s cost more and barely outperform 670s)


    Yes, i wanted to go with the Asus DirectCU II GTX670 at first and these two cards are almost similar in pricing, here in Denmark, but i found a site in Germany that sells the PowerColor HD7970 V2 100$ cheaper than the price in Denmark, so i wanted to save some money and go with the Radeon since they perform basically the same.
  3. Dont get fooled buddy the 7970 is a beast 7970>670 anyday of the week
  4. redeemer said:
    Dont get fooled buddy the 7970 is a beast 7970>670 anyday of the week

    Orly? Looks to me like they trade punches with each other quite well. I was more concerned about going with whichever is cheaper. They're both powerhouses. If the 7970 is cheaper for the OP, then thats the one I'd recommend.

    http://www.anandtech.com/bench/Product/598?vs=508
  5. nekulturny said:
    Orly? Looks to me like they trade punches with each other quite well. I was more concerned about going with whichever is cheaper. They're both powerhouses. If the 7970 is cheaper for the OP, then thats the one I'd recommend.

    http://www.anandtech.com/bench/Product/598?vs=508


    the benches havent been updated for driver 12.7 yet. its more accurate to use toms 7970/ghz benches because it does use the 12.7 beta driver which almost universally increased the fps of radeon cards.

    edit: or even overclockers clubs recent sapphire toxic 7970 ghz 6gb tests (it also does cards with similar powers as well), use the xfx black as sort of a reference for 7970s in general
  6. Interesting. I believe you btw, like I said, there is no wrong answer with either of em, I say go with whichever is cheaper where the OP, although if the 7970 is cheaper, that works out pretty well for him. Although as far as drivers, I'd have to wonder what Nvidia could do with driver updates. My guess is they'll both huff and puff and realize its like Hercules fighting his clone from another dimension. Tell me I'm not the only nerd here who watched Hercules and Xena? :lol:
  7. Thank you all for your input, i got one more question.

    Do you think the Corsair TX 650W is enough if i want to OC the CPU and GPU later on? or should i perhaps switch to the 750W instead? i do not plan on running SLi.
  8. kersh said:
    Thank you all for your input, i got one more question.

    Do you think the Corsair TX 650W is enough if i want to OC the CPU and GPU later on? or should i perhaps switch to the 750W instead? i do not plan on running SLi.


    If you plan on sticking with just one video card, the 650W should be enough.
  9. N4villu5 said:
    If you plan on sticking with just one video card, the 650W should be enough.



    Alright thanks!
  10. And i meant Crossfire ofcourse :)
Ask a new question

Read More

Homebuilt Systems