D3: Grey Screen before Intial game launch.

Status
Not open for further replies.
G

Hello Forum Members!

I have a GTX680 with the latested drivers. I play at 2560x1440 in Full Screen Windows mode with the highest possible Graphics settings. While I have no issues while gaming I do have a question.

While I click on the D3 game Icon, you are promted to "launch" the game. Once i hit the "Play" button on the Blizzard game launcher I get a Grey Blank Screen for 2-3 seconds before the actual game log-in screen is avaiable.

Wondering if any of you have this issue? I do NOT get a ERROR warning message or anything. I have asked my fellow D3 players and none seem to having this initial "Grey Screen" before the acutal game log-in screen.

Any thoughts or personal experience would be grealy appericated!

Note: System specs are on my Signature.

Cheers!

If your wondering why I play in Full windows mode: I have 1920x1080 IPS monitor on order from dell to run 2D applications on the side while playing. =) I want to be able to mouse over to the next screen.

Solution
Hello,

Seems like a very minor issue (although of course annoying).

To me - it sounds like a driver issue. Have you tried rolling back to an older version 1 step back?

Did you upgrade from an AMD card? If you did, there might be remnants of the AMD drivers in your system possibly causing that issue.

I don't have that issue with mine - although im using an AMD card.

What happens if you try the game in Full screen mode? Does it do the same thing? Just to test it out.
Hello,

Seems like a very minor issue (although of course annoying).

To me - it sounds like a driver issue. Have you tried rolling back to an older version 1 step back?

Did you upgrade from an AMD card? If you did, there might be remnants of the AMD drivers in your system possibly causing that issue.

I don't have that issue with mine - although im using an AMD card.

What happens if you try the game in Full screen mode? Does it do the same thing? Just to test it out.

Solution

CoolBOBob1

Distinguished
Jul 17, 2009
I also get a grey screen for 2-3 seconds when launching D3, Full Screen Windowed mode, and I have a 2nd monitor, like you. The only difference is that I have an nvidia 285.

Its probably just a driver issue or something, so I haven't taken any steps to try to fix it.

G

hey guys. thanks for all your replies. I tried in full screen mode and the grey screen doesn't show! when i switch back to windows mode or full screen windows mode its does it again. I guess i have to wait for a driver update if it fixes this issue at all. I hate alt-tabbing so i guess i will have to leave with it...sigh*

or anyone else have any suggestions?

Fict1on

Honorable
May 14, 2012
Same issue, i am running a fx8120, crosshair motherboard and Asus 6870. fresh install windows 7 and updated drivers AMD 12.4

Probaby a issue with drivers, "its a new game" wait a few weeks before it gets ironed out.

Status
Not open for further replies.