WScript Error and Update Problem

Hi,
Sorry to say my XP machine is being less and less kind to me.
The Software Update for the Help and Support Center does not install. I
keep getting a Windows Script Host (error) message with an OK button that
says:

Windows Script Host (in title bar)
Script: c:\swsetup\sp28974\install.js
Line: 60
Char: 2
Error: Could not create object named "WScript.Shell".
Code: 80040111
Source: WScript.CreateObject

The sp28974 is the file that software update downloaded to me. I always
have to tell it "yes to all" because there are 3-4 files it sees that it has
to overwrite.

My theory is that WScript.exe is corrupt OR that some security setting has
disabled WScript.CreateObject somehow but other updates have worked/installed
ok.

I'd appreciate a bit of advice that will get me back in motion.
--
Inventor - Chopper Pilot

On Sun, 3 Apr 2005 16:31:04 -0700, TimMy wrote:

> Hi,
> Sorry to say my XP machine is being less and less kind to me.
> The Software Update for the Help and Support Center does not install. I
> keep getting a Windows Script Host (error) message with an OK button that
> says:
>
> Windows Script Host (in title bar)
> Script: c:\swsetup\sp28974\install.js
> Line: 60
> Char: 2
> Error: Could not create object named "WScript.Shell".
> Code: 80040111
> Source: WScript.CreateObject
>
> The sp28974 is the file that software update downloaded to me. I always
> have to tell it "yes to all" because there are 3-4 files it sees that it has
> to overwrite.
>
> My theory is that WScript.exe is corrupt OR that some security setting has
> disabled WScript.CreateObject somehow but other updates have worked/installed
> ok.
>
> I'd appreciate a bit of advice that will get me back in motion.

This is not a Microsoft update but an HP update. It adds special HP content
to XP's Help and Support. I do not know why it is not installing but
perhaps HP would.

--
Sharon F
MS-MVP ~ Windows Shell/User