Comparing Watts/Price over 30 days/Electrical Bill

I'm trying to gauge how accurate this Belkin monitoring device is. Right now I'm registering about 315 watts. If I switch to "$ over 30 day" mode, it says, $7.91, and 365 days at $96.30. Now I'm just wanting to see how accurate that is based on my most recent electrical bill. I live in Santa Maria, California 93458.

So on with the pictures!

So basically again, how accurate is this Belkin device in relation to a real electrical bill, and is it within the realm of reasonable / realistic, or is it way off? I just hope to come out of this forum thread smarter and better able to understand the damned thing, lol. Thanks.

Yes, I have a dark Jedi in my home. His ship is currently at Pep Boys getting new brake pads.
8 answers Last reply
More about comparing watts price days electrical bill
  1. I'm not sure that the belkin unit will be able to accurately calculate the price in your area. You are paying several different rates, and I think the belkin unit is only capable of using one rate for the cost.
  2. I guess then I need to figure out what rate the Belkin is using, and if its anywhere close to the rates I'm paying. I are still clueless ;)
  3. Well at least we know that you know how to read. Enjoy the users manual... <evil grin>
  4. Well... comprehension is kinda choppy... it looks like the 315 watts could range from $8 a month at the lowest rate, to $23 a month at the highest rate. I have more investigating to figure out where the other $50 of the $70ish total amount above last month's billing period.

I should have just made my own notes in notepad. :P
  5. Tell me if I'm wrong, but I think if you assume 315W you could multiply it by 24 hours(a day) multiplied by 30(month), and you end up with about 227,000WH(227Kwh). I think this number is closer to what you're seeing in your bill.
  6. The unit is reasonably accurate in power measurements but cost you need to calculate manually.
  7. I totally suck at math etc. I wouldn't even begin to understand. Notice the quote under my profile pic.
  8. Dont forget to measure the power usage of your monitor(s) and speakers and factor those into your bill.
Ask a new question

Read More

Power Supplies Devices Belkin Components Product