OcelotRigz

Honorable
Nov 22, 2012
Hi,

I built my own gaming pc recently. But the PSU didnt have enough connections so i ended up buying a nice case which had a built in 750W PSU off a guy. It worked fine for a day then blew a fuse when i tried the windows rating test. I found my old computer cable and it worked fine, playing games on ultra, running loads of things etc... for about a week (now), where it blew another fuse or so i thought. I changed the fuse but still no power, although you could hear the little crackles when you jiggle the connection in the back of the PSU, with this in mind i tried the old fuse i thought was blown and the same crackle noise. I looked up online how you test the PSU with a paper clip and that failed to work either.

Ive come to the conclusion my PSU is gone, already.
I have one question;

1. Has this done damage to any other part of my PC? How could i tell if it did?

CPU: AMD 8320
MB: ASUS M5A78Lle AM3+
GPU: Radeon HIS 6870
RAM: 4GB 1600

PSU: ACE 750w.

OcelotRigz

Honorable
Nov 22, 2012
See, thats where im confused when it comes to PSU's. I understand thats the "max" wattage and ive read that a lot of manufacturers kinda use that to sell cheap PSUs. My question is, is there any way to know whats the steady wattage your going to get, or rather, what aspects are ones to watch out for, like, on here ive heard guys talk about "80 PLUS" and "PFC" as good markers.

Im sorry, its just im useless when it comes to electrics.

samuelspark

Distinguished
Sep 12, 2011

Look up professional reviews.