Any recommendations for this CyberPower GAMING build?

genardas

Honorable
Jun 23, 2012
This computer for gaming and I was wondering if its a good build for the price or should I tweak up the graphics card. Also is the processor too good or just perfect. Any recommendations? Thanks!

Configuration URL: http://www.cyberpowerpc.com/saved/1EB38H (Looks a lot nicer)

Product Name: Gamer Xtreme 2000 (NO MONITOR)

Price: $1,257.00
*BASE_PRICE:[+829]

BLUETOOTH:None

CARE1:Ultra Enhanced Packaging Solution - Protect Your Dream System During Transit [+19]

CARE2:professional Wiring for All WIRING Inside The System Chassis - Minimize Cable Exposure, Maximize Airflow in Your System [+19]

CAS:NZXT H2 Classic Silent Mid-Tower Gaming Case [+56] (White Color)

CASUPGRADE:None

CD:24X Double Layer Dual Format DVD+-R/+-RW + CD-R/RW Drive (BLACK COLOR)

CD2:None

COOLANT:Standard Coolant

CPU:Intel® Core™ i7-3770K 3.50 GHz 8MB Intel Smart Cache LGA1155 (All Venom OC Certified) [+110]

CS_FAN:Default case fans

ENGRAVING:None

ENGRAVING_MSG:

FA_HDD:None

FAN:Thermaltake Frio OCK CPU Cooler (Designed for Over-Clocker King)(CLP0575) [+38]

FLASHMEDIA:None

FREEBIE_CU1:FREE! Tribes: Ascend Promo Pack ($60 value) [+0]

FREEBIE_MB:GIGABYTE GC-WB300D Exclusive Bluetooth 4.0/WiFi PCIe Expansion Card [+0]

FREEBIE_VC1:FREE DiRT Showdown Game Coupon [+0]

GLASSES:None

HDD:1TB SATA-III 6.0Gb/s 32MB Cache 7200RPM HDD (Single Drive)

HDD2:None

HEADSET1:Connectland™ Stereo Headphone with Microphone [+8]

IEEE_CARD:None

IUSB:Built-in USB 2.0 Ports

KEYBOARD:AZiO Levetron Gaming Keyboard (KB555U) w/ Quick Access Keys [+30]

MB_SRT:None

MEMORY:8GB (4GBx2) DDR3/1600MHz Dual Channel Memory (G.SKILL Ripjaws X [+16])

MONITOR:None

MONITOR2:None

MONITOR3:None

MOTHERBOARD:* [CrossFireX] GIGABYTE GA-Z77-D3H Intel Z77 Chipset DDR3 ATX Mainboard w/ IRST, Lucid Virtu MVP, Ultra Durable4 Classic, 7.1 HD Audio, GbLAN, 2x Gen3 PCIe x16, 3x PCIe x1 & 2 PCI (Extreme OC Certified)

MOUSE:Razer Abyssus 3500 DPI High Precision Optical Gaming Mouse [+38]

NETWORK:Onboard Gigabit LAN Network

OVERCLOCK:No Overclocking

POWERSUPPLY:1,000 Watts - Standard Power Supply - SLI/CrossFireX Ready [+53]

RUSH:RUSH!!! READY TO SHIP IN 5 BUSINESS DAYS [+49]

SERVICE:STANDARD WARRANTY: 3-YEAR LIMITED WARRANTY PLUS LIFE-TIME TECHNICAL SUPPORT

SOUND:HIGH DEFINITION ON-BOARD 7.1 AUDIO

SPEAKERS:Eagle Arion ET-AR506-BK 2.1 Soundstage Speakers [+56]

TEMP:None

TUNING:None

TVRC:None

USB:None

USBFLASH:ADATA NBA Flash Drives - 4GB USB2.0 [+19] (Lebron James - Heat [+0])

USBHD:None

USBX:None

VIDEO:AMD Radeon HD 7770 1GB 16X PCIe 3.0 Video Card (Major Brand Powered by AMD)

VIDEO2:None

VIDEO3:None

WNC:None

_PRICE:(+1257)

Solution
Change the i7 to the i5 -3570k. you don't need a 7 for gaming. get the K version if you plan on overclocking. if you don't plan on OC'ing, you probably don't need such a big cooling fan. The regular FRIO will be more than enough. but i would OC. maybe not now, but eventually. its fairly simple.

The video card is lacking on this build. i would not get anything less than a 7850 (560 for nvidia). thats minimum for gaming in my mind. once you downgrade the two previous items, you will have headroom in the budget to upgrade the video card.

and change the PSU. first off, 1k W is overkill by double for this machine. second, do not get STANDARD PSU from CP. you need named brands. if you plan on possilby Xfiring your GPU in the...

mojorisin23

Distinguished
Jan 7, 2012
Change the i7 to the i5 -3570k. you don't need a 7 for gaming. get the K version if you plan on overclocking. if you don't plan on OC'ing, you probably don't need such a big cooling fan. The regular FRIO will be more than enough. but i would OC. maybe not now, but eventually. its fairly simple.

The video card is lacking on this build. i would not get anything less than a 7850 (560 for nvidia). thats minimum for gaming in my mind. once you downgrade the two previous items, you will have headroom in the budget to upgrade the video card.

and change the PSU. first off, 1k W is overkill by double for this machine. second, do not get STANDARD PSU from CP. you need named brands. if you plan on possilby Xfiring your GPU in the future, go with about 750 or 850W, 750 is enough, but you never know what the future will bring and you may need more. I like Corsair. the second one on the list for +30 is perfect for what you need and is a thousand times more reliable than the PSU you selected.

i would get the peripherals like the keyboard and stuff from amazon or newegg. price and compare, i'm sure the $$ are far less.

no OS? Win 7?

i would not rush. it just means less quality control and testing. the shipping foam is a good insurance policy against having to ship the whole thing back. the wiring is not needed as they wire the same way no matter what. plus the case is configured for wires to go a certain way regardless.

add max default case fans for +9

Solution

genardas

Honorable
Jun 23, 2012
Dude thanks so much! Best and most detailed response I've ever gotten on any forum website. Thanks for all the recommendations I'm definitely buying this with confidence now. Also I have a copy of windows so I will just install it myself and thanks once again for the help. On an the mouse and keyboard are alot cheaper on cp.

Thanks!!!!! Looks like I got some changing to do...