Confused on video card and processor?

s3anister

Distinguished
May 18, 2006

If you're not comfortable building your own computer I suppose you could go with cyberpowerpc but I sure wouldn't...

Regardless, choice two is best. This is because for gaming the i7 is absolutely unnecessary, games don't take advantage of the extra features it has over an unlocked i5; as for video cards any Radeon 6xxx series is end of life and should not be bought (unrealistically expensive to crossfire later on if you so choose) and I don't know why anyone would buy a 7770 when you could buy a 7850.

If you actually wanted a decent setup, I'd suggest building your own box and using the saved money to buy the i5-3570K and a Radeon 7950 (at the very least) instead of a 7850.

mojorisin23

Distinguished
Jan 7, 2012
choice two is best.. you want an i5 like s3anister said. no question.

I assume if youre on CP, you don't want to build it yourself. the 7850 is a good card. obviously, the 7950 is better, but its more expensive. you can get by with a 7850 and Xfire it a few years down the line.

ALso, with CP, don't buy anything labeled 'standard' or 'major brand'. especailly the PSU. get named brand everytthing and the build will be good. otherwise you leave it to chance with shotty components.