HELP! my ati catalyst version wont update

kingy10kingy

Distinguished
May 25, 2012
I've tried updating to the newest drivers but whenever i install a new version it still says im on 11.6 , i've removed all previous drivers restarted and then installed a fresh 12.4 onto it. What is going on here o0?

randomkid

Distinguished

I have same problem. It's a bug. At least 4 threads besides this one have been created. You might want to check those although there is no solution. Just sharing of experience. According to one poster, AMD say wait for 12.5 ( also in those threads ).

For OP & Everyone;
Response and Service Request History:

Thank you for contacting AMD

I understand that you installed 12.4 but the system information has not changed to 12.4 instead it states that it’s running Catalyst version 11.5. If I have missed any critical information please let me know as my suggestions may change.

It has been a noted issue that when you update to Catalyst 12.4 it does not change the system information. Our Catalyst engineering team is currently working on it and there should be a fix for it in 12.5. If you went through the 12.4 installation and it was all successful it means that the system is using the 12.4 drivers just that the system information did not change. If you do need a current version number in the system information to play games or to run a certain application my recommendation is to install 12.3 for now till 12.5 is released.

Windows 7 64bit previous drivers:

http://support.amd.com/us/gpudownl [...] sta64.aspx

In order to update this service request, please respond, leaving the service request reference intact.

Best regards,

AMD Global Customer Care