Sign in with
Your question

Just built pc. Do I have to use video card for display?

Tags:
  • New Build
  • Graphics Cards
  • Systems
  • Displays
Last response: in Systems
July 19, 2012 4:33:59 AM

Obviously I want to but if the gtx 670 is in, the onboard video display won't show on my monitor. Is this normal? I'm worried it's a problem with the mother board or I did something wrong. --and How would I use hdmi with my gtx if there's no hdmi port on the video card but only on the mother board?

Also my case fans for my cm master storm trooper dont seem to be going fast. The controls on top for speed aren't doing much. Is that normal too? This is my first build so I'm nervous thanks!!

More about : built video card display

a b U Graphics card
July 19, 2012 4:46:29 AM

When you add a gpu, the motherboards onboard graphics are disabled. This is entirely normal. As for HDMI, you could get an DVI/HDMI adapter. Re the case fans, are they connected to your motherboard? If so, then they are under the mobos control and will power up and down as necessary. Hope this helps, good luck.
m
l
July 26, 2012 1:05:17 AM

a little black duck said:
When you add a gpu, the motherboards onboard graphics are disabled. This is entirely normal. As for HDMI, you could get an DVI/HDMI adapter. Re the case fans, are they connected to your motherboard? If so, then they are under the mobos control and will power up and down as necessary. Hope this helps, good luck.

Thank you!
m
l
Related resources
!