48 days of playtime ... gone

Last response: in Video Games
June 13, 2005 10:10:45 AM

Some guy on my server deleted his character of 48 days of playtime because
he wanted the character to be female and he wanted to keep the name.

O.o

--
~ Cyde Weys ~

Mana du vortes, mana du vortes
Aeria gloris, aeria gloris

More about : days playtime

Anonymous
June 13, 2005 11:32:31 AM

NEVER....NEVER.....NEVER
Would I delete my Character........ NEVER

I cant believe that guy did that :(
Anonymous
June 13, 2005 9:11:34 PM

Cyde Weys wrote:
> Some guy on my server deleted his character of 48 days of playtime because
> he wanted the character to be female and he wanted to keep the name.
>
> O.o

Hmm, sounds suspiciously like you're boggling at someone for being a
roleplayer, Cyde! Surely not!?

Cheers!
David...
June 13, 2005 9:11:35 PM

"David Carson" <david@eldergothSPAMTRAP.com> wrote:

> Cyde Weys wrote:
>> Some guy on my server deleted his character of 48 days of playtime because
>> he wanted the character to be female and he wanted to keep the name.
>>
>> O.o
>
> Hmm, sounds suspiciously like you're boggling at someone for being a
> roleplayer, Cyde! Surely not!?

As we have been told before, Cyde isn't a roleplayer at all. And this
friend of him who wants to name a female character the same as a male
one is just sick!

ChriSCNR

--
[WoW] Wildcard - Treehugging Tauren (50) on EN Sunstrider [PvP]
Lonewalker - Striding Tauren (14) on EN Sunstrider [PvP]

David Carson <david@eldergothSPAMTRAP.com> wrote in

> Cyde Weys wrote:
>> Some guy on my server deleted his character of 48 days of playtime
>> because he wanted the character to be female and he wanted to keep
>> the name.
>>
>> O.o
>
> Hmm, sounds suspiciously like you're boggling at someone for being a
> roleplayer, Cyde! Surely not!?

Roleplaying is one thing ... deleting that much hard work is quite another.

--
~ Cyde Weys ~

Mana du vortes, mana du vortes
Aeria gloris, aeria gloris
Anonymous
June 13, 2005 9:11:36 PM

"Christian Stauffer" <wildcard666@bluewin.ch> wrote in

> "David Carson" <david@eldergothSPAMTRAP.com> wrote:

>> Hmm, sounds suspiciously like you're boggling at someone for being a
>> roleplayer, Cyde! Surely not!?
>
> As we have been told before, Cyde isn't a roleplayer at all.

Whoever doth had said that? Verily.

--
~ Cyde Weys ~

Mana du vortes, mana du vortes
Aeria gloris, aeria gloris
Anonymous
June 13, 2005 11:07:38 PM

Cyde Weys <cyde@umd.edu> wrote:

>Roleplaying is one thing ... deleting that much hard work is quite another.

It depends, really, on if you're in it for the destination, or the
journey.

--
Exodus 22:18 can kiss my pagan ass
www.lokari.net

On Mon, 13 Jun 2005 09:22:16 +0200, "Christian Stauffer"
<wildcard666@bluewin.ch> scribed into the ether:

>"David Carson" <david@eldergothSPAMTRAP.com> wrote:
>
>> Cyde Weys wrote:
>>> Some guy on my server deleted his character of 48 days of playtime because
>>> he wanted the character to be female and he wanted to keep the name.
>>>
>>> O.o
>>
>> Hmm, sounds suspiciously like you're boggling at someone for being a
>> roleplayer, Cyde! Surely not!?
>
>As we have been told before, Cyde isn't a roleplayer at all. And this
>friend of him who wants to name a female character the same as a male
>one is just sick!

So you feel that people named "Pat" or "Terry" are just sick?
Anonymous
June 14, 2005 12:40:11 PM

"Matt Frisch" <matuse73@yahoo.spam.me.not.com> wrote:
> On Mon, 13 Jun 2005 09:22:16 +0200, "Christian Stauffer"
> <wildcard666@bluewin.ch> scribed into the ether:
>
>>As we have been told before, Cyde isn't a roleplayer at all. And this
>>friend of him who wants to name a female character the same as a male
>>one is just sick!
>
> So you feel that people named "Pat" or "Terry" are just sick?

No, I was referring to the "player run mail delivery" thread where
someone stated Cyde wasn't a roleplayer. Just tried to be sarcastic :-)

About names:
Last saturday, when I created my new hunter alt, a guy called
"doggyztyle" asked in general "can someone help me with a quest
plz???????????" (he asked that every 2 minutes). I tried to explain
him why I'm quite sure noone will help him, but I'm afraid he didn't
get it :-)

Chris

--
[WoW] Wildcard - Treehugging Tauren (50) on EN Sunstrider [PvP]
Lonewalker - Striding Tauren (15) on EN Sunstrider [PvP]

Matt Frisch <matuse73@yahoo.spam.me.not.com> stared blankly into
space for a short while before writing:
> On Mon, 13 Jun 2005 09:22:16 +0200, "Christian Stauffer"
> <wildcard666@bluewin.ch> scribed into the ether:

>>> Hmm, sounds suspiciously like you're boggling at someone for
>>> being a roleplayer, Cyde! Surely not!?
>>
>> As we have been told before, Cyde isn't a roleplayer at all. And
>> this
>> friend of him who wants to name a female character the same as a
>> male
>> one is just sick!
>
> So you feel that people named "Pat" or "Terry" are just sick?

Or Chris or Alex or or... And many "fantasy" names aren't gender
specific either.

--
Doc
Save the Earth, it's the only planet with beer...

Lokari wrote:
> Cyde Weys <cyde@umd.edu> wrote:
>
> >Roleplaying is one thing ... deleting that much hard work is quite another.
>
> It depends, really, on if you're in it for the destination, or the
> journey.

Frankly right now both my destination and my journey are in Alterac
Valley, and if I deleted my level 60 character I'd be a while before I
could again participate in it.
!