Is it possible to run 3 monitors on crossfire with this setup?

levisalmon

Honorable
May 25, 2012
Hello,
I have 2 6950's 1 MSI and one XFX, and three native displayport monitors. I currently have 2 monitors with DVI in both sides, and one monitor with displayport, plugged into my card with an active displayport to mini-displayport converter. When I tried to create an eyefinity group the center monitor, the one plugged into the separate card with displayport - mini-displayport, It is greyed-out and I cannot click it. Is there any way I can run triple monitors and crossfire with this setup? I am willing to buy more adapters. Thanks!

randomkid

Distinguished
You have to connect all 3 monitors to the graphics card on top (assuming your graphics cards are installed in standard case).

This way, the 2 monitors with DVI ports will be connected to the graphics card's 2 DVI ports & the 3rd monitor will be connected to the displayport of the same graphics card. You must not connect anything on the other graphics card.

rdc85

Honorable

+1

If u want to enable cfx all display must be connected in one primary card (u can change which one is primary in bios, but it will need extra work... :D )

3 monitor configuration only supported in DVI, DVI, DP..........

edit : I change my primary to my second card (lower/bottom one) because it had better airflow, better in temperature, but u have to make sure both of your slot is 16x bandwidth or it will suffer performance hit changing to second/lower/bottom one