johnnymillernz

Honorable
Jul 19, 2012
Hi folks

For whatever reason my computer will not boot past the bios screen; to make matters more interesting/frustrating the only way I can get the bios screen to show up on the monitor is to clear the cmos before booting otherwise the lcd screen states no signal detected.
My mouse works which is usb but my usb keyboard does not nor does it work when using a ps2 adapter which of course is making it impossible to access the bios options.

My computer had been working fine until I dissembled it last weekend to move the components to a new case, it would not boot in the new case and it turned out my psu was screwed, replaced it. The new psu would not operate in the new case so put everything back in the old case. KNow my new PSU works as I had it attached to another computer; monitor, mouse & keyboard all work fine on other pc.

Asus H61M/U3S3 motherboard
8GB A-ram DDR3 1333
CPU - core i3 2100 1155 socket
1TB seagate hard drive
Brand new 500W PSU

I am at my wits end trying to figure out why this is happening. All plugs are in the correct places, nothing appears to be broken on the motherboard

start with no hard drive and no cd-rom drive and one stick of ram. also check that you have all your bios updates for your mb.
if your cpu and mb has onboard video..then use it and not a video card and see if the errors stop. check in your bios that the sata set to achi. hopefully the power supply issue you posted about...did not damage the mb. sounds like sata ports or the usb or the keyboard is hanging the system at post.

johnnymillernz

Honorable
Jul 19, 2012

I cannot get into the bios because the keyboard is not recognized whether using usb slot or a ps2 adapter. After posting this last night I decided to move everything into the new case and nothing worked, not even the two new psu's I have.
As for the sata or usb ports hanging, unsure; why would a usb mouse work and not the keyboard? have a wireless keyboard too and it won't work either.

there been some bios updates for some of the mb out there for usb keyboard post hangs...i would email asus and have them walk you though a forced bios flash or bios recovery. ether the bios has an issue or the mb has a fatile hardware issue. if it a bios issue sometime if you can reflash it you can get the mb to work right again. most times it putting a flash file on a cd and or usb stick and having the bios flash itself.

johnnymillernz

Honorable
Jul 19, 2012
Starting to think either the motherboard or cpu is dead. Attached two different power supplies in two different cases as well as 'breadboarding', no beeps, no power whatsoever. Got another board on order so I'll find out soon enough, hopefully its not the cpu because they are not cheap.