Failed Drive in RAID 0

G

Ok, the worst possible thing that could happen short of the motherboard dying has occured. Last night while using my computer I suddenly got a blue screen of death saying that the computer could not write to the c drive. I calmly reset, and only began to freak out when the RAID loader at startup said the array had failed. Upon closer inspection, I discovered much to my horror that the second of two IBM Deskstar 40gb 60gxp drives had failed. Now I knew when I set up the two drives in RAID 0 formation that if one died all my data was gone, but I never would have expected this to happen after only 1.5 months of use. Heres my question, is there absolutely no way, no hope, no chance at all of recovering any of my data? Am I really just screwed?

G

If you had no backup, the answer is basically yes. There are ways, but they are not economical unless that data is worth a lot of money in itself (or some of the outlandish ones I've seen suggested not really feasible). You might try fiddling with it and see if you can get it going again.. or maybe try Spinrite 5 or similar program and see if that will get it going again. But honestly I'd save the headache.

***check the jumpers 1st then check em again***