Sign in with
Your question

Why do I get no VGA singnal when both PCI-E cables are plugged in GPU?

Tags:
  • Graphics Cards
  • BIOS
  • PCI Express
  • Graphics
Last response: in Graphics & Displays
May 26, 2012 3:13:32 AM

When I only have PCI-E (6-pin) connected from PSU to graphics card. I get the BIOS screen.

When I only have the PCI-E (8-pin) connected from PSU to graphics card. I get the BIOS screen.

But when I have both plugged in, my monitor comes up with: "no VGA singal"

My graphics card is GTX 480

Got a rosewill 1000W powersupply

More about : vga singnal pci cables plugged gpu

a c 106 U Graphics card
May 26, 2012 3:17:20 AM

assumign you have an intel gpu as well, plug the dvi/hdmi cable to the mobo slot first. if it works on the mobo slot, check your bios settings to see if the computer can sense the gpu
m
l
May 26, 2012 3:31:53 AM

dudewitbow said:
assumign you have an intel gpu as well, plug the dvi/hdmi cable to the mobo slot first. if it works on the mobo slot, check your bios settings to see if the computer can sense the gpu

When you say "intel gpu", do you mean "cpu"? I'm going to assume you do, for now.
It does work on the mobo slot.

I'm currently checking my Bios settings on UEFI Asrock bios. On the 'main page' It just has CPU information, and RAM information.
There is nothing about the graphics card. However, when I go over to the "OC tweaker" tab, it says "IGPU +0.0000V)

I assume that means Integrated grahpics, from the CPU...

So no, I can't find any reference to the graphics card on the BIOS..what does that mean?
m
l
Related resources
a c 106 U Graphics card
May 26, 2012 3:34:56 AM

stevebonnie09 said:
When you say "intel gpu", do you mean "cpu"? I'm going to assume you do, for now.
It does work on the mobo slot.

I'm currently checking my Bios settings on UEFI Asrock bios. On the 'main page' It just has CPU information, and RAM information.
There is nothing about the graphics card. However, when I go over to the "OC tweaker" tab, it says "IGPU +0.0000V)

I assume that means Integrated grahpics, from the CPU...

So no, I can't find any reference to the graphics card on the BIOS..what does that mean?

yeah i meant cpu, but if your mobo cannot sense the gpu, then the gpu is likely to be dead, or not turned on if you cannot find it.
m
l
May 26, 2012 3:51:51 AM

It seems normal for this Asrock bios to not display the graphics card on the main screen.

The graphics card is on and the fan is spinning.

I guess all I'm wondering at this point is wether it matters to have both PCI-E slots plugged in. Because with either one it works, just not both.
m
l
!