Sign in with
Sign up | Sign in
Your question

Final build - are all components compatible?

Tags:
  • New Build
  • Systems
Last response: in Systems
Share
July 19, 2012 9:43:55 AM

Gaming PC - For high to max setting gameplay

Monitor - Sony Bravia 32" 1280 × 720

I'm looking to buy ASAP

Given it some research and I've managed to build to a budget of £700 (including software)

Antec 300 Three Hundred Case
http://www.ebuyer.com/143854-antec-300-three-hundred-ca...

Intel Core i5 3570K 3.4GHz Socket 1155 6MB Cache Retail Boxed Processor
http://www.ebuyer.com/349029-intel-core-i5-3570k-3-4ghz...

Gigabyte GA-Z77-D3H Socket 1155 VGA DVI HDMI 8 Channel Audio ATX Motherboard
http://www.ebuyer.com/351598-gigabyte-ga-z77-d3h-socket...

Gigabyte GTX 560Ti OC 1GB GDDR5 Dual DVI Mini HDMI Out PCI-E Graphics Card
http://www.ebuyer.com/253958-gigabyte-gtx-560ti-oc-1gb-...

G.Skill 8GB DDR3 1600Mhz RipjawsX Memory
http://www.ebuyer.com/264750-g-skill-8gb-ddr3-1600mhz-r...

Is this okay, or are there better options available at similar costs?

And also what PSU wattage will I need, I'm thinking of going with Corsair 650W
http://www.ebuyer.com/257232-corsair-tx-650w-v2-psu-80p...

More about : final build components compatible

July 19, 2012 10:45:14 AM

id get a asus 7850 instead of the 560ti. more performance and uses less power

the power supply is just about right. get the build.
Related resources
July 19, 2012 11:03:46 AM

TheBigTroll said:
id get a asus 7850 instead of the 560ti. more performance and uses less power

the power supply is just about right. get the build.


This.
Its interesting to see someone with an nvidia avatar suggesting an AMD card.

Also, I would suggest a proper monitor rather than a TV, and there are nicer cases than the Antec 300 for not much more money.
July 19, 2012 11:08:16 AM

does it matter. theres no point of getting a nvidia card when amd has something that performs well and uses less power. until nvidia shows up with 660 or 660ti, 7850 is my recommendation

yeah you need a monitor to take advantage of the video card. at 720p, i can max out anygame with 120+fps
July 19, 2012 11:09:16 AM

Thanks guys, I think I'll chane to a 7850 then.
Are there any issues with using AMD graphics with intel proccesors? Or is that just rumour?

I'll be upgrading my monitor at a later date I think.

I did a lot of looking into cases and I found that to be the cheapest, with the best cooling. 2 pre installed and and I was going to add two to the front. If you have any other cases suggestions then that's be great.
July 19, 2012 11:09:56 AM

* pre installed fans
July 19, 2012 11:19:35 AM

Hollerrr said:
Thanks guys, I think I'll chane to a 7850 then.
Are there any issues with using AMD graphics with intel proccesors? Or is that just rumour?

I'll be upgrading my monitor at a later date I think.

I did a lot of looking into cases and I found that to be the cheapest, with the best cooling. 2 pre installed and and I was going to add two to the front. If you have any other cases suggestions then that's be great.


Just a rumor, although I've never heard it. All my builds have been Intel processors + AMD graphics.

As far as other cases go, you may want to spend the extra money on a Cooler Master HAF 912, or a HAF 922. You wont be disappointed.
July 19, 2012 11:19:48 AM

theres no problems with using amd cards with intel processors

the stock cooling configuration for the case is good enough for most uses. if you would like a slightly better case, id get a fractal design core 3000. more expandabilty and room
July 19, 2012 11:24:56 AM

Right I think I'm sorted on the components, I'll get them ordered tonight when I get back from work. Just need to look at some more cases, that fractal one looks nice at first glance.
Thanks for all the help guys :) 
July 19, 2012 11:51:47 AM

Looking at that review I'm actually going to spend an extra £20 and get a Fractal Design Arc Midi. It looks EXTREMELY good.
July 19, 2012 11:56:01 AM

Hollerrr said:
Looking at that review I'm actually going to spend an extra £20 and get a Fractal Design Arc Midi. It looks EXTREMELY good.


The Arc Midi is a good choice.
July 19, 2012 12:40:17 PM

arc midi works too
July 19, 2012 5:46:09 PM

Bought the arc midi case.
Going to buy the asus you suggested from Dabs and everything else on my list.

One final check, is it all good?
July 19, 2012 6:03:21 PM

Hollerrr said:
Bought the arc midi case.
Going to buy the asus you suggested from Dabs and everything else on my list.

One final check, is it all good?


Looks good to me. I've had no problems with my Corsair PSU, or Gigabyte motherboard, so those are good choices there. I've never used GSkill RAM, but I've only heard good things.
I think you are good to go!
July 19, 2012 6:04:21 PM

Just so you know I just completed a build with an Antec 300, it only comes with a exhaust fan in the back and the top fan. You might want to consider buying two new 120mm fans for front intake, especially since it has a really nice air filter for those slots.
July 19, 2012 6:07:21 PM

eggbrook said:
Just so you know I just completed a build with an Antec 300, it only comes with a exhaust fan in the back and the top fan. You might want to consider buying two new 120mm fans for front intake, especially since it has a really nice air filter for those slots.


Yeah I was planning to add two 120mm fans in the front, but then I saw the fractal design ARC case midi and ended up buying that.
July 19, 2012 6:09:17 PM

N4villu5 said:
Looks good to me. I've had no problems with my Corsair PSU, or Gigabyte motherboard, so those are good choices there. I've never used GSkill RAM, but I've only heard good things.
I think you are good to go!


Great!
Ill get on with the money spending now then haha.

Thanks for the help everyone, this is probably the most helpful forum I've come across :) 
July 19, 2012 10:10:45 PM

gskill ram is good. using them myself for my new build
!