• Sound Cards
  • Asus
  • Gaming
  • Headphones
  • Components
  • Product
Last response: in Components
November 30, 2012 1:00:03 AM

Which one should I get? I am gaming with a set of headphones. I hear Asus has the best but are there any that are better for the same price?

Thanks

More about : asus xonar essence stx phoebus

December 3, 2012 1:56:45 PM

I'm in the same boat. I just bought a pair of Sennheiser HD 598's and I'm looking at getting a good soundcard to go with it. I mostly game on the machine, but I usually listen to music when I do. I'm not an audiophile by any means, but want something that my new headphones can take advantage of! I've narrowed down the card I want to either the Pheobus or Essense STX

Can anyone provide us with any advice?
m
l
a b Ĉ ASUS
a b 4 Gaming
December 3, 2012 4:24:12 PM

The STX is slightly higher quality, but the Phoebus has a newer software suite and the 7.1 analog outs, making it more versatile.
m
l
Related resources
January 20, 2013 12:35:07 PM

the Sliver said:
I'm in the same boat. I just bought a pair of Sennheiser HD 598's and I'm looking at getting a good soundcard to go with it. I mostly game on the machine, but I usually listen to music when I do. I'm not an audiophile by any means, but want something that my new headphones can take advantage of! I've narrowed down the card I want to either the Pheobus or Essense STX

Can anyone provide us with any advice?

The stx is the soundcard to go since you guys are using headphones/headsets , then the stx is the best. phoebus is having a lot of drivers issues right now. And since you won't be using the 7.1 channel, go with the stx!

link for great price for these cards: stx: http://ncix.com/products/?sku=35724
phoebus: http://ncix.com/products/?sku=71120
m
l
January 20, 2013 3:50:12 PM

^ That' what I pulled from all the information I researched. STX is more powerful, and overall a better sound card. It is meant for high end audiophile headphones, or can be used with high end audio receivers, if not it's a waste of money. The phoebus is overpriced because they threw ROG on it and people go nuts and pay a hefty price tag. It is a lot more versitile in regards to what it can be connected to, like a 7.1 system from logitech or something. The phoebus would be a bad choice IMHO, but sticking to the OP I would recommend the stx with headphones and in general as being the sound card to choose. Just bought mine yesterday and paired it with my beyerdynamic mmx 300's, you'll love it!
m
l
!