problems with Lower Frame rates!! {Ati Radeon 5670 with amd athlon II}

aneesathil

Honorable
May 26, 2012
Hello there geeks,
i own a computer with the below specs. i don't know that much about computers and so usually play games without any problems and all. but yesterday, while playing mafia II, the benchmark option came into my view and so clicked on it. then the average frames per second was, at the starting, 21, then gradually decreased all the way down to 11 - 14. so upset!! didn't find any problems while playing though!

from there onwards, i read many reviews about my CPU and GPU, and found that it is supposed to give frame rates above 30. so, please geeks, help me out!!

I haven't used any other benchmarking applications. my computer is running Windows 7 ultimate -32 bit, ati catalyst version- 11.12.

one thing, while playing GTA IV EFLC at full settings (1600x900 res. everything else maxed out) i felt a little slower and the benchmark results were about 18 Frames per second.

feel free to ask any specs or anything more........

looking forward to hear from you all soon. Thank you!!

and i read about overclocking too, but not interested.......

My system specs-

AMD Athlon II X4 630
Powercolor ATI Radeon HD 5670 1GB
ASUS M4A78LT-M LE
2 GB RAM
500 GB HDD

aneesathil

Honorable
May 26, 2012

Thank you absxiith, will try it out. :hello:

ok! now downloading the updates.

do i have to uninstall the old one before installing the new one??
and what to do with the profiles?? and also, what is drive sweeper and how can i use it??
thank you again :)

If you did so much research, youd know that with your current hardware and low RAM youd be lucky to get those frames on any modern game. You are running a low end CPU, low end GPU and 2 gigs of RAM, and also a slow mechanical HD. Should save some of your allowance and upgrade. And dont know bout anyone else, but I take time out of my life to help out people here, calling me or anyone a geek probably isnt a good idea. You game like the rest of the us buddy :)

aneesathil

Honorable
May 26, 2012

Oh Noo!! i thought that my pc was not that bad after all....... but there have to be another way to get the things work right?? from the reviews i read, my gpu and cpu isn't that bad, u know?? and the 2 gigs ram, ok its a bit on the down side but that doesn't matter while playing games, does it??

I cannot afford that much money to upgrade to a high end one as i am still a student.......

any way, thanks for your feedback and sorry that i called you a geek.

aneesathil

Honorable
May 26, 2012

as i said above, the reviews of my cpu as well as my gpu conveys that they are good, and not that bad. but is it because of different hardware that they get maxed out?

Its because the vid card is not made for top line gaming. What does it matter what a review says? I use them, im fully aware of what they are capable of and maxxing out games isnt it. Dont expect to be maxxing games out with that rig unless the game is 3 or 4 years old. Its as simple as that.

dthesleepless

Honorable
Apr 10, 2012
Honestly the CPU isn't as bad as people make it out to be, and as long as the 5670 is GDDR5 it should be adequate.

2GB of RAM is really low, though, especially with how cheap RAM is right now. Ideally you can grab a pair of 2GB sticks and bump it up to 6GB, and that may actually ameliorate some of your framerate issues. Those games aren't going to run great, but the extra RAM actually will help. Most games can't take advantage of more than 2GB of RAM, sure, but they're sharing that RAM with Windows, and Windows needs its cut, too.

aneesathil

Honorable
May 26, 2012

thank you for your reply.
hmmm. that may help :)
how about using windows ready boost??

TRENDING THREADS