Sign in with
Your question

Win 7 wont boot

Last response: in Windows 7
January 18, 2010 8:48:57 PM

Let me preface this by saying that I'm I'm not very computer literate so any help needs to be worded simply like for a child..I have installed WIN 7 64 and it has developed a problem..It wont boot to the desk top. It will post and go to the starting Windows screen and stops there..It wont go to safe mode.Is there a way to make a boot disk to get it to start or any kind of a diagnostic disk that a dummy can do? I really need help...Thank you

More about : win wont boot

January 18, 2010 9:20:58 PM

have you tried startup repair?? keep pressing F8 at boot to display the boot menu and choose repair computer. from here you should be able to choose Start-Up Repair.
m
l
January 19, 2010 12:08:34 AM

Sir in my post I said it wont go in safe mode...
m
l
Related resources
a b $ Windows 7
January 19, 2010 12:27:17 AM

It's a good suggestion. You don't have to get into safe mode to use the startup repair.
m
l
January 19, 2010 4:24:00 AM

Few steps -
1) Start PC and right after the mother board screen is displayed keep pressing F8. This will definitely take you to safe mode. I assume you may have not tried this. if you already did, please forgive me for suggesting the same :) 

Now i have a feeling the RAM could be an issue here. If you have multiple RAM's, just remove all, load a single RAM. Restart and see if this will load into windows.

where did u get windows 7? Do u have a CD? Need a little more information on how you loaded the windows 7 in the first place.

If you Used a OEM pack CD u can use that CD and press F12 in the boot screen to change the boot order and load from the CD drive.

m
l
January 26, 2010 10:18:49 PM

Believe it or not guys it fixed it self...Just kept trying and it started..
m
l
February 6, 2010 2:12:18 AM

I said in my last post that it started by it self..I dont know why..It is running fine...
m
l
a b $ Windows 7
February 6, 2010 4:20:53 PM

It may be a good idea to back up your important data and do a few diagnostic tests.
m
l
!