Need Help With XP - Internet Explorer - 'Auto Complete'

April 4, 2005 8:01:18 PM

In Internet Explorer, under tools>Internet options>content,there is a
window wherein you can enable 'auto complete' for web addresses,
forms, and/or names and passwords on forms. Also you can clear forms
and passwords as well as web addresses. But I don't see any way to
edit same. I use the Auto Complete for web addresses and for forms
(those that you fill out on line) This saves you from having to type
your name and address and phone# etc.. each time you have a form to
fill out on-line. Instead a little box drops down and you select what
you want out of the box. It's within this box that you should be able
to highlight and remove the stuff you no longer want, but I can't find
it. This data is may be stored in the registry - encoded.

Can anyone tell me how to 'edit' these things?

Thanks
Anonymous
April 4, 2005 8:01:19 PM

When you position the cursor in a box on a web page where previously entered
values are listed, select the item to be changed and press the Delete key to
delete that item. Then re-enter it with the new value.

!