How do i change Voltages (Laptop pc)

Willadin

Distinguished
Feb 1, 2012
Hi Everyone!

I would like to ask if there is an easy way to increase my voltages for my gpu: gt 425m. My temps are fine i guess, CPU max temp 72 degrees C and GPU max 68 degrees C. My current max voltage for the gpu is 0.9V, and i would like to try and make it 0.905 ~ 0.925. The reason why i want to do this is due to stability issues. I have tried msi after burner but the voltage section is greyed out (Even if enabled in the options). I know that changing voltages are risky, But i am willing to do it. thanks

Willadin

Distinguished
Feb 1, 2012
Umm like my pc would shut down without any reason, No blue screen, no loud beep or something. screen just turns black for a second then the computer shuts down (Not restart). This happens even while web browsing. My current solution is to underclock my gpu although i cant enjoy any of the modern games that i have purchased. Thanks for your reply.

ricardois

Distinguished
Dec 21, 2011
if you are already with stability issues like you say, increasing the voltages will only make it worst, you should lower the voltage...

probably MSI afterburner is just in a safe mode, since the slighest voltage change on a laptop will probably kill the GPU...

NEVER overclock Laptop GPUS< they are already running at maximum temps and it is never recomended to overclock any laptop gpu unless you have any kind of special aftermarket cooler plugged on your gpu... so don't try to change voltages...

if you are having stability issues, you must check what is causing it, INCREASING voltages will only increase temps and pull much more energy from the Power supply unit what in notebooks is never a good idea.;

Willadin

Distinguished
Feb 1, 2012

Mmm alright, ill try lowering voltages and see if it works. Although I don't know how, My msi after burner is not in safe mode btw. I do not wish to overclock anything in my system, all i want is to keep it stable at default clock speeds. Thanks for your speedy response.

Edit: Correction with the "so loud beep" in the previous post, There was no beeping sounds. Replaced "so" with "no"