Sign in with
Your question

No display after upgrading CPU

Last response: in CPUs
November 30, 2012 9:02:50 AM

My mobo is asus basswood P5BW-LA and i just upgrade my cpu from E6300 to E6750 and after i switch on my pc there is no display on the monitor. any solution to fix or maybe updating bios method?

More about : display upgrading cpu

a c 159 à CPUs
November 30, 2012 9:33:36 AM

Try your old cpu again. Don't use too much thermal paste; I reuse whatever residue is left on the cpu and heatsink. If you clean it off, a single drop of past in the center of the cpu is adequate. http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/document?lc=en&cc=us.... I don't know if a bios update is available for your board. You'll have to contact hp about it. Asus doesn't have this board on their website, as the bios file is by hp and only works with hp windows installations.
m
l
November 30, 2012 9:36:22 AM

o1die said:
Try your old cpu again. Don't use too much thermal paste; I reuse whatever residue is left on the cpu and heatsink. If you clean it off, a single drop of past in the center of the cpu is adequate. http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/document?lc=en&cc=us.... I don't know if a bios update is available for your board. You'll have to contact hp about it. Asus doesn't have this board on their website, as the bios file is by hp and only works with hp windows installations.

Right now i'm using my old cpu, and the cpu that i upgrade is used cpu.. Does my FSB got something to do with this? my max FSB is 1066 MHZ while this proc is 1333mhz
m
l
Related resources
November 30, 2012 9:47:21 AM

Have you tried clearing CMOS?
m
l
November 30, 2012 10:20:14 AM

aramisathei said:
Have you tried clearing CMOS?

no.. should i?
m
l
a b à CPUs
November 30, 2012 11:56:32 AM

First of all did you do a check that the board will support the new Cpu, if not it will require a bios update, So you will have to put your old Cpu back in to do this first.
If you need to do an update of the bios firmawre to support the new cpu, make sure after the flash is done that you flush the bios completely by shorting the bios pins on the mother board so the bios full updates.
m
l
November 30, 2012 12:07:41 PM

weaselman said:
First of all did you do a check that the board will support the new Cpu, if not it will require a bios update, So you will have to put your old Cpu back in to do this first.
If you need to do an update of the bios firmawre to support the new cpu, make sure after the flash is done that you flush the bios completely by shorting the bios pins on the mother board so the bios full updates.

I did update the bios but not shorting the bios pin. Should i re update the bios or just put the new cpu and short the pins? By the way my mobo fsb is 1066mhz while the cpu is 1333mhz is this also a problem?
m
l
a c 159 à CPUs
November 30, 2012 3:38:03 PM

Your 965 chipset is pretty old; you may not be able to run the 1333 cpu after all.

m
l
a b à CPUs
November 30, 2012 4:11:51 PM

Yes that is true the board may not support a 1333 Fsb of the Cpu, just done a check and the board will only support a cpu with a 1066 Fsb, sorry for the bad news but it looks like you will have to buy a new board without doubt.
Take a look.
http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/document?lc=en&cc=us...
m
l
!