Sign in with
Your question

Can't install Radeon HD 6790 driver (failed to load detection driver)

Last response: in Graphics & Displays
May 26, 2012 1:01:32 PM

I have been experience really back flickering and disappearing of buildings and whatnot running my XFX Radeon HD 6790 card and so I thought I might try to reinstall the drivers, however after uninstalling and running Driver Sweeper and CCleaner and booting into safe mode it won't install. I really dunno what to do guys please help. I did manage to get it installed one time in the normal mode but then it said that it finished but had warnings and the CCC didn't even install I am soooo confused..
June 29, 2012 2:10:36 PM

sixstring88 said:
I have been experience really back flickering and disappearing of buildings and whatnot running my XFX Radeon HD 6790 card and so I thought I might try to reinstall the drivers, however after uninstalling and running Driver Sweeper and CCleaner and booting into safe mode it won't install. I really dunno what to do guys please help. I did manage to get it installed one time in the normal mode but then it said that it finished but had warnings and the CCC didn't even install I am soooo confused..

I have an HIS Radeon HD6790 and have the Exact same problem.
I have had Nothing but problems with this card since purchase (in January). And I cannot seem to get a straight answer from the manufacturer (big surprise there).
If anyone has a fix, please let us know. From my brief survey of the hit returns on google, we're definitely not the only ones with this issue.

And for the record... this will be the last AMD/ATI/Radeon/HIS product I ever buy. The past two cards I owned (HD4850 and this one) have had too many problems, performed not even satisfactorily, and tech support (from the maker) is just a joke.
m
l
!