Sign in with
Your question

PLEASE HELP!

Last response: in Graphics & Displays
May 26, 2012 1:21:15 PM

Hi, I just Installed my new Asus GTX 550 ti which runs on GeForce 301.42 Driver (nVidia)
I'm pretty sure it's sitting properly on the motherboard.
Just now I'm using my Motherboard built in graphics because when I connect the VGA cable from the GPU to the Monitor I get a black screen, I have no Idea what I have done wrong I simply just wanted to game but it seems the GPU things different, If anyone has anyone has ad problems with this card or knows how to fix this can they respond on this thread thanks :) 

More about : question

a b V Motherboard
May 26, 2012 1:41:28 PM

The 550 Ti needs to be connected to the power supply with 1x 6PIN PCIe connector. Have you connected it?
May 26, 2012 1:43:35 PM

randomkid said:
The 550 Ti needs to be connected to the power supply with 1x 6PIN PCIe connector. Have you connected it?

Yes, it's connected by the 6pin from a 6 + 2 pin connector :) 
Related resources
May 26, 2012 2:12:03 PM

I would try pressing the source selection button on your monitor to see if it will wake up. If you have a DVI cable (and port on monitor) I would switch to that as well.
Otherwise....
Does your motherboard only have 1 Pcix 16 slot. If not and you have manual, check to see if it designates which is the primary one (usually topmost) if your videocard isnt in the topmost pcix 16 slot, put it there and try again.
If you only have one (they tend to have a little latch) I would take it out and reseat it...
WAITASECOND....what kind of computer is this? Did you build (or friend) Or is it a big box? Where I'm going with this is what kind of power supply is in there. you want at least a 400 Watt with a minimum of 24 Amps on the +12 volt rail. in all honesty I would get a bit more than the minimum....let us know.
May 26, 2012 2:17:03 PM

^ His PSU is the Corsair CX430 80Plus with 28A on the +12V, more than enough.

EDIT : Might as well add.

Mobo : Asus M5A78L-M LX V2
RAM : Corsair Vengeance 4Gb [2x2 DC]
CPU : AMD Phenom II 555 BE
He also has Win7 64bit
a b V Motherboard
May 27, 2012 12:25:35 AM

Twedd said:
Yes, it's connected by the 6pin from a 6 + 2 pin connector :) 

When you connect the monitor to the ports of the 550 Ti & turn on the computer, (a) does it have any kind of display? or (b) is it just black from the start & no display at all?
May 27, 2012 4:04:29 AM

Thanks yummerzzz......ok single pcix16 it is....
if your card came with a dvi to vga adapter (white plug to vga) try using that.
otherwise

make sure in the bios that the graphics are set to pcix...if its set to integrated it might be ignoring the card
!