Computer takes 2 boots in order to startup. What's going on?!

zantif

Honorable
Jun 28, 2012
So I just built a new pc about a week ago, and it works fine. Except, after leaving the computer off overnight and starting it up again in the morning, the monitor always fails to detect a signal the first boot. Fans spin, and everything appears to be on, but there is never an image on the monitor.

I have to reset the computer, and then the second boot the monitor picks up the signal. Does anyone know why this is happening, and how to fix it?

Thanks so much!

Solution
My PC was doing the same thing for a while, I have an ASUS P78z77-V Pro MOBO, and from what I had read, it looks like you might need a BIOS update. I did not actually have to update the BIOS myself to fix it, it just started working again for me, I do not recall doing anything specific (I was going to work on fixing it when it just started working again). Look into updating the BIOS and possible your video card drivers.

chugot9218

Honorable
My PC was doing the same thing for a while, I have an ASUS P78z77-V Pro MOBO, and from what I had read, it looks like you might need a BIOS update. I did not actually have to update the BIOS myself to fix it, it just started working again for me, I do not recall doing anything specific (I was going to work on fixing it when it just started working again). Look into updating the BIOS and possible your video card drivers.

Solution