TomH426

Honorable
Jul 19, 2012
Looking for comments on the below config before i buy.
Does this look like a reasonable setup?
I need to be able to run MS Office 2010 as well as games like Crysis 1 & 2 ( and eventually 3 ) or Metro 2033.

MB - ASUS P8Z77-V
PSU - Silverstone 750W 80+ Silver
CPU - i5 3570k overclocked - liquid cooled
Ram - 8gb Crucial Tactical 1866mhz ( 2x4 )
GPU - Nvidia geforce gtx 670 2gb
HD1 - Crucial SSD 120 gb
HD2 - Caviar 2tb green

Should i up the Ram or change the HD to a caviar Black?
Does the rest look ok?

sorry, i am new to this. :)

Ghouldude

Honorable
Jul 17, 2012
If it's primarily gaming you won't need any more RAM and from what I hear liquid cooling is overpriced and unnecessary. BTW it would help us help you if you were to fill out the form in the sticky post.

TomH426

Honorable
Jul 19, 2012
Lets see if this will work better for you. Please note. I am not building this myself.
I know i could save money by doing so but i don't really have the inclination or time to do it.( I know, heresy)
so i am buying this from Falcon NW if it appears to be suitable.
I am not necessarily looking to save money just looking for good performance in this price range.

Approximate Purchase Date: e.g.: this week or within the next 3 weeks max.

Budget Range: about $2000.00

System Usage from Most to Least Important: Gaming with above stated games for now, but i need Office functions as well as just idle net surfing

Are you buying a monitor: Yes, but not included in this build i will buy separately

Parts to Upgrade: All new build

Do you need to buy OS: NO ( included )

Preferred Website(s) for Parts: Newegg, but as stated this is not home built

Parts Preferences: none

Overclocking: Yes

SLI or Crossfire: Maybe later

Your Monitor Resolution: 1920x1200 probably 24" monitor

Ghouldude

Honorable
Jul 17, 2012
Looks nice but check out cyberpower and ibuypower before fixating too much they also build hi-spec computers, but the fans this comes with oughta be good fo OC'ing not sure about silverstone's track record with psu's but I think I recognize their name anyways 750w should be enough for oc'in and probably SLI/Crossfire