Realtek Microphone is really quiet

killadeathx

Honorable
Nov 30, 2012
I just installed a new motherboard/cpu and now my microphone sounds like im whispering to it. While before when i had my old motherboard, my mic worked perfectly and was pretty loud

Mirrorflame

Honorable
Nov 28, 2013

I just got a new laptop with Realtek HD Audio Manager and had the same headache. While going through various forums and changing settings, I suddenly tried this : Uninstalled my Realtek HD Audio Manager from Device Manager, re-installed and restarted the system. Then right click on the manager (brownish speaker icon, bottom right hand corner) and choose "Audio Devices" ---> Playback ---> Click on the speakers (yes, the speakers!) and choose "Configure" ----> "Levels" tab ---> You will see an option there call Microphone, mute it and also set the volume to zero. Then Line-In volume to zero too.

This worked for me. If it doesn't work, please post and I will try checking my settings once more. Hope it help!

Reactions: Seija

Greglawl

Reputable
Dec 8, 2014
After much annoyance I finally found the solution to this problem.

Realtek HD Audio hates the front panel audio being plugged in on many motherboards. It will allow it but it will sound quiet and or garbled. Simply unplug the front panel audio from your motherboard then reinstall the Realtek HD Audio drivers and it will sound like a normal microphone.

4ggelos

Reputable
Apr 27, 2014

Thank you, that works for me. I had the same problem with my 990fx killer. Finally, normal microphone volume.

WoodyRGFR

Honorable
Apr 24, 2015

Hello, im french
I try this and i do'nt have "Microphone" and "line up" in speaker option
My motherboard is MSI B75MA-P45
Windows 7 ultimate 64bits

I see on the PC of my father and he have "microphone" and "line up"...

WoodyRGFR

Honorable
Apr 24, 2015

Hello, don't work for me :(

Joseph_Stalin

Commendable
Aug 20, 2016
original

sjjmag

Commendable
Sep 6, 2016

How do you unplug the front panel audio from the motherboard?