Sign in with
Your question

Realtek Microphone is really quiet

Last response: in Components
November 30, 2012 1:01:40 PM

I just installed a new motherboard/cpu and now my microphone sounds like im whispering to it. While before when i had my old motherboard, my mic worked perfectly and was pretty loud
a b V Motherboard
November 30, 2012 1:04:16 PM

Control panel>sounds and recordings>recording>turn boost and volume all the way up.
m
l
Related resources
a b V Motherboard
November 30, 2012 9:22:37 PM

Did you install the latest sound drivers from the motherboard's site?
m
l
a b V Motherboard
December 3, 2012 1:28:42 PM

Is there a volume on the mic itself? Is that turned up all the way? Also, is the volume turned up all the way in the application you're using?
m
l
December 3, 2012 9:48:34 PM

Well i have no mic volume on the mic itself, and the volume is max on my realtek hd audio manager. Would i have to reinstall window 7 for it work?
m
l
a b V Motherboard
December 4, 2012 3:18:22 PM

Before you do that go to Device Manager and delete your microphone device, then re-start and see if it re-installs properly. If that doesn't work, I'd re-install windows.
m
l
December 10, 2012 3:02:03 AM

Well i did all that and reinstalled windows, still doesnt work and forgot to mention that my motherboard is called Asrock Z77 Extreme6 LGA1155
m
l
a b V Motherboard
December 10, 2012 12:33:20 PM

Have you tried another mic? Yours may have died coincidentally about the same time you changed motherboards. Is there a special driver for that mic from the manufacturer's site?
m
l
December 13, 2012 9:07:50 PM

there's no special driver for my mic and i tried using a usb wecam's mic, but it was barely louder than my headset's mic
m
l
December 15, 2012 10:21:19 PM

Would i just be able to buy a usb soundcard? Would that fix my low microphone volume
m
l
December 15, 2013 3:13:52 PM

killadeathx said:
I just installed a new motherboard/cpu and now my microphone sounds like im whispering to it. While before when i had my old motherboard, my mic worked perfectly and was pretty loud

I just got a new laptop with Realtek HD Audio Manager and had the same headache. While going through various forums and changing settings, I suddenly tried this : Uninstalled my Realtek HD Audio Manager from Device Manager, re-installed and restarted the system. Then right click on the manager (brownish speaker icon, bottom right hand corner) and choose "Audio Devices" ---> Playback ---> Click on the speakers (yes, the speakers!) and choose "Configure" ----> "Levels" tab ---> You will see an option there call Microphone, mute it and also set the volume to zero. Then Line-In volume to zero too.

This worked for me. If it doesn't work, please post and I will try checking my settings once more. Hope it help!
m
l
!