Hotkey for MS Internet Explorer

Hi,

i just decovered, that you can open an explorer window with the hotkey 'ALT
+ E'. Is it possible to determine the hotkey 'ALT + I' to the internet
explorer?
I don't mean the 'hotkey' function which is able to use when i create an
link!

Thanks!

Chris
3 answers Last reply
More about hotkey internet explorer

    It's Windows key + E.

    Assign a Shortcut key

    1. Locate the program file (.exe) or the program's shortcut icon.
    Right-click the program file or shortcut, and then click Properties.

    2. Click the Shortcut tab.

    3. With the cursor in the Shortcut key box, select the keyboard key you
    want to use in combination with CTRL+ALT. Shortcut keys automatically
    start
    with CTRL+ALT. The Shortcut key box will display None until you select
    the
    key and then the box will display Ctrl+Alt+the key you selected. You
    cannot
    use the ESC, ENTER, TAB, SPACEBAR, PRINT SCREEN, SHIFT, or BACKSPACE
    keys.

    Note
    Once you assign a shortcut key combination for a specific program, you
    will
    not be able to use that key combination with other programs.

    If you forget the key combination for your shortcut, you can follow
    steps 1
    & 2 and review your shortcut keys.

    Shortcut tab
    Lists the shortcut name, target information, and shortcut key. Allows
    you to
    choose the way the item is displayed when you open the shortcut: in a
    standard window, a full screen (maximized), or as a button on the
    taskbar
    (minimized). Also allows you to view the shortcut's target, change the
    icon
    for the shortcut, and open a shortcut as a different user.

    --
    Hope this helps. Let us know.

    Wes
    MS-MVP Windows Shell/User

    In news:42525588$0$43991$14726298@news.sunsite.dk,
    Christian Kirsch <lol@lol.de> hunted and pecked:
    > Hi,
    >
    > i just decovered, that you can open an explorer window with the
    > hotkey 'ALT + E'. Is it possible to determine the hotkey 'ALT + I' to
    > the internet explorer?
    > I don't mean the 'hotkey' function which is able to use when i create
    > an link!
    >
    > Thanks!
    >
    > Chris

    > 1. Locate the program file (.exe) or the program's shortcut icon.
    > Right-click the program file or shortcut, and then click Properties.
    >
    > 2. Click the Shortcut tab.

    The program file (.exe) doesn't have a shortcut tab!

    > 3. With the cursor in the Shortcut key box, select the keyboard key you
    > want to use in combination with CTRL+ALT. Shortcut keys automatically
    > start
    > with CTRL+ALT.

    This method is knows, but i don't want to do it like this, because its not
    possible to use this shortcut anywhere in windows. When another program is
    running for example, the function of *this* shortcut is not guaranted.
    (That's the experience i did)

    I'm looking for an possibility to use the shortcut 'windows'+'i', similar to
    the 'windows'+'e' for the explorer

    Sorry, i just saw, that i wrote 'ALT'+... in the article before. I ment the
    windows-key instead!

    Chris

    Chris,

    No shortcut? Create one.

    Navigate to %programfiles%\Internet Explorer
    Right click iexplore.exe
    Send To
    Desktop (create shortcut)

    [[If the shortcut is not on the desktop or in the Start menu hierarchy,
    you cannot use its shortcut key to start the assigned program, but you
    can use its shortcut key to switch to the assigned program if it is
    already running.

    NOTE: Shortcut keys may not work for some programs. For example,
    shortcut keys do not work for items on the Quick Launch bar.]]
    Shortcut key for shortcut does not work
    http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;134552

    To use the Windows key for a custom hotkey combination you are going to
    need a third party program. Something like WinKey 2.8.

    [[Open your favorite applications, folders, and Web pages instantly with
    Windows key shortcuts that you create. This shell extension allows you
    to create keyboard shortcuts using the Windows key. You can use up to
    200 different key combinations in addition to the ten built-in links.]]
    WinKey 2.8
    http://www.download.com/3000-2344-913626.html?tag=lst-0-1

    --
    Hope this helps. Let us know.

    Wes
    MS-MVP Windows Shell/User

    In news:42539e3c$0$43982$14726298@news.sunsite.dk,
    Christian Kirsch <lol@lol.de> hunted and pecked:
    >> 1. Locate the program file (.exe) or the program's shortcut icon.
    >> Right-click the program file or shortcut, and then click Properties.
    >>
    >> 2. Click the Shortcut tab.
    >
    > The program file (.exe) doesn't have a shortcut tab!
    >

    >> 3. With the cursor in the Shortcut key box, select the keyboard key
    >> you want to use in combination with CTRL+ALT. Shortcut keys
    >> automatically start
    >> with CTRL+ALT.
    >
    > This method is knows, but i don't want to do it like this, because
    > its not possible to use this shortcut anywhere in windows. When
    > another program is running for example, the function of *this*
    > shortcut is not guaranted. (That's the experience i did)
    >
    > I'm looking for an possibility to use the shortcut 'windows'+'i',
    > similar to the 'windows'+'e' for the explorer
    >
    > Sorry, i just saw, that i wrote 'ALT'+... in the article before. I
    > ment the windows-key instead!
    >
    > Chris

Configuration Internet Explorer Explorer Customization Windows XP