Status
Not open for further replies.
Solution

aaronstyle

Distinguished
Apr 14, 2011
The ASUS card will probably have better cooling capability if your case has good airflow. This will allow for a higher overclock on the memory to match or beat the EVGA.

EVGA cards have great warranties, and in a case with poor airflow, will be your better option.

All in all, they're going to perform very similarly. If you plan to OC EVGA will have better support if you fry your card. ASUS may reach a higher OC because of it's cooler.

ASUS cooling solution is much better between those two cards, though of course it eats 3 slots. The directCU series of ASUS cards are known for serious cooling.

As far as warranties, I'd call it a tie. EVGA gives you a lifetime warranty, but only if you're the original owner, and only if you buy from one of their licensed dealers, and then register the card. If you buy an EVGA card off ebay, or from an amazon seller, even if it's new, sealed in the box, you have no warranty. Amazon itself is licensed, but not anyone that sells in it's marketplace.

ASUS gives you a 3 year warranty that's tied to the card's serial number, which makes it completely transferable, no registration required. This is great for people that like to sell their old cards to help pay for new ones, as the ASUS cards resale value is higher because of the warranty.

Also, I've personally bricked an ASUS card overclocking it, and they replaced it no questions asked.

have fun!

supermi

Distinguished
Dec 5, 2011

ALL 600 series currently being sold by EVGA carry 3 year warranties ... and those are all serial number based... as for general warranty terms ASUS and EVGA are equal... as for quality of customer service... that is another question. In reality which card is better comes down to your needs and the luck of the GPU draw!!! Getting the factory overclocked card does guarantee you the speeds advertised but does not guarantee higher overclocking numbers.

The asus does allow you to mess with voltages beyond BIOS limits if you have an ROG montherboard and know a little about soldering ... but if you do not do that the cards are fairly equal... fairly but not exactly. The ASUS in addition to having better cooling has more VRM's which theoretically means cleaner power supplied to the gpu and ram which could allow for higher overclocks on that specific GPU or ram vs dirtier or less clean power.

But yes if you are getting one single card and you have decent airflow in your case the ASUS would probably be the better bet... if you are going to go SLI then EVGA if you will watercool both will take universal blocks like the MCW82 from swiftech and I do know that EK is going to release a full coverage block for the ASUS ... I do no know about the non reference EVGA.

Solution
Status
Not open for further replies.