Is my graphics card bottlenecked?

N11Ckk123472

Honorable
May 13, 2012
Specs:
AMD Phenom 965 BE Quadcore stock cooler, 3.4 ghz (H60 coming in the mail)
4GB Wintec DDR3 1600 Ram
Zalman Z9 Plus Case with 7 120mm fans (great airflow and cooling)
OCZ ModXTreme 600w modular psu
4 HDD drives, all 7200 rpm
MSI R6850 Power Edition OC to 925 Core and 1160 mem
ASUS M5A97 AM3 970 Motherboard

I've looked at benchmarks of bf3 and skyrim and according to the many benchmarks I've seen, with my gpu I should be getting a lot better performance than I actually am.

Average FPS for me on High presets for BF3 is 28-32. I should be getting around 40.

Is there anything wrong with my system thats holding it down?

cbrunnem

Distinguished

in some games he wont bottleneck that card. skyrim is one and a small amount in bf3

have you played bf3 before? it is indeed cpu dependent to for a lot of setups.

who cares about single player.

mubin

Distinguished

Whats make you think that i dont play bf3? But i say do you?

And i do care for single player, as i dont have good connection. Without MP there is no need for a high end cpu.

cbrunnem

Distinguished

he never stated what mode he was in and if any of us had to guess what he was talking about it should be MP.

G

personally if he is talking benchmarks it would be single player . . . so i guess i am not an us :lol:

cbrunnem

Distinguished

a lot of people on this website assume that the single player benchmark is transferable to multiplayer. you are just trying to be difficult.

G

and you need to stop making assumptions for everybody . . .

cbrunnem

Distinguished

we will find out when he replies. if he was indeed talking about single player like you say then i will admit being wrong but in general people do not buy bf3 to play SP.

G

there you go again making sweeping generalizations.

so what massive database do you have that you can extract such scientific findings from?

Sigh....that's not bottlenecking the gpu, that simply means the cpu isn't fast enough for the game. :sleep:

You should go away before we make you go away. All you have contributed to this thread is clogging it up with your uneducated theories. The OP never has even mentioned if he's talking about MP or SP. It's obvious to me he's talking about MP and the benchmarks he's comparing to is SP.

Let the OP reply before you spout off 100 idiotic noob posts.

G

:lol:
common knowledge was the earth is flat and revolves around the sun.
george washington had wooden teeth.
napoleon bonaparte was short.
playing a black sabbath album backwards had satanic messages.

funny how "common knowledge" can usually be replaced with "i do not know but will conjure up the facts between my ears"

get a clue.

good luck with that.

cbrunnem

Distinguished

yes that is what i am saying. so if say in skyrim the cpu is not strong enough to keep up with the gpu and that is not bottlenecking what is it? it is my understanding that in that case the cpu is bottlenecking the gpu. please elaborate if that is incorrect.

cbrunnem

Distinguished

im quoting myself cause i had a typo.

TRENDING THREADS