Building new system, would like some input.

CommandoSev

Honorable
Jul 19, 2012
Hi everyone,

So I read the guide and I'll try to folow it as I ask for some advice. I'm fairly tech savy but I've never built a pc from scratch yet, which I plan on doing.

I'd like to purchase it before february next year (Crysis 3 release date!)

I'd like to keep it under $1000. I'll be using it for Gaming (I'd like to max out games like Crysis), Web browsing, School, music, media, etc.

I may buy a moniter or big tv, but thats not included in this budget/project. I'm starting from scratch PC wise though so I need everything that goes in the case really.

I'll be using windows 7 64bit, and I'll probably use my local microcenter and newegg to get everything. I live in Michigan, United States.

Now parts wise I don't rally care about brands, but I've already settled on Intels i5-3570k, and I'd like to get some variation of the Radeon HD 7850 (open to suggestions), but I need advice on which one. I'd like to be able to overclock, nothing too heavy but I want the option. I may sli/crossfire in the future, but not at this point.

The main reason I'm upgrading is I'd like to run games at least 1080p maxed out (Crysis warhead etc).

So outside of the CPU and graphics card I need help with just about everything else! I'm really stumped on the motherboard cause I dont want to be unhappy with it, and also I'm a little confused on how big a power supply I need. I don't really care about fancy cases, whatever keeps th system cool!

So I tried to follow the guide, I thank anyone in advance for their advice!