deleting "My ebooks," etc.

April 5, 2005 2:39:31 PM

How can I permanently get rid of the "My ebooks," "My video," and "My recent
Documents" folders?

Thanks for you help

More about : deleting ebooks

Anonymous
April 5, 2005 4:08:26 PM

Took me a long time and many times deleting My eBooks folder. ;-)

My eBooks folder is created by Adobe Acrobat Reader.

Go to >>
C:\Program Files\Adobe\Acrobat 6.0\Reader\Plug_ins
and move the eBook.api file up into the Optional folder.
Or delete the damn thing like I did.

Now delete the My eBooks folder in My Documents and it won't be
recreated
again.

Description of My eBooks folder and it's removal instructions
http://www.mvps.org/sramesh2k/myebooks.htm

--
Hope this helps. Let us know.

Wes
MS-MVP Windows Shell/User

In news:%23HefxZgOFHA.544@TK2MSFTNGP10.phx.gbl,
Glenn <gravery@nothotmail.com> hunted and pecked:
> How can I permanently get rid of the "My ebooks," "My video," and "My
> recent Documents" folders?
>
> Thanks for you help
Anonymous
April 5, 2005 4:43:16 PM

Those are Windows XP system folders and cannot be removed.

--
Carey Frisch
Microsoft MVP

!