Amd and itel gaming

Ok guys when it comes to gaming what will I notice in a intel cpu over a amd CPU a couple fps or what? I don't want any wars started just straight up will I notice a huge massive difference or something?
8 answers Last reply
More about itel gaming
  1. Honestly it depends on the processors you are comparing and the games you are playing. Generally Intel processors are better than AMD processors in gaming, some games there is very little difference and in others Intel starts to leave a gap.
  2. Which CPU's you're thinking about would help, but, in general, yes Intel is better for gaming, but AMD is fine too.

It also depends on what games, since the games that are more CPU bound than GPU bound will favor the Intel CPU's quite a bit.

In any case, either AMD or Intel is fine. You won't have a bad experience with AMD, it just won't be the absolute best.
  3. I have a amd Athlon x3 450 Rana and I really have had no problem except when I open a browser whe a games lowered and tends to get slow but games are wow bf3 cod bo2 far cry 3 those kinda games
  4. With that processor, the HD 6850/GTX 550ti is about the fastest card that won't be bottle necked by the CPU. If your board can accept a 125W Phenom II X4 965 or better, something like an HD 7850/GTX 660 graphic card will allow fast frame rates with max/near max settings up to 1920x1080 w/o bottle neck. If you plan on going higher rez or triple-monitors some day, I would move to an Intel SB or IB processor/board and high end card(s).
  5. oh haha im not worried about that cpu im building all new and wondered if theres a massive difference id see over intel cpu vs amd when gaming
  6. iconicsin said:
    oh haha im not worried about that cpu im building all new and wondered if theres a massive difference id see over intel cpu vs amd when gaming

If you're building all new, I'd go Intel SB or IB for sure.
  7. so i think im just stuck on i5 3570k and should just go with it lol
  8. 3570k is great for gaming purposes, you should be happy with its performance.
Ask a new question

Read More

CPUs Gaming AMD