Solved

Multiple display using 2500k/radeon 5850

I am trying to get 2 displays working and can't figure it out. I have MSI Z68A-GD65/2500k and Radeon 5850. The 5850 only has 1 of each DVI/DP/HDMI port. My 24" monitor is DVI and I have a 20" which will be VGA for the time being but DVI capable.

I went to the bios and enabled multiple display and in windows I attempted to detect the other monitor but couldn't read it. When I changed vurtu mode using both I and D it seems only 1 or the other will be active at a time. How can I get both to work?
6 answers Last reply Best Answer
More about multiple display 2500k radeon 5850
  1. Hello knight_40k, I'm assuming that both monitors are plugged into the 5850?

I used to have xfired 5850's and it was pretty standard plug and play for x2 monitors.
  2. No, one monitor is plugged into the 5850, the other is in the onboard 2500k. I thought this mobo was capable of doing this dual setup. Am I wrong? Reason being is both my monitors are DVI/VGA and my 5850 only has 1 DVI.
  3. Best answer
    HDMI is basically the same as DVI. you can get an adapter or cable to DVI for a few bucks and just use the 5850. Dual graphics should work, but if its being difficult there's an easy way around it
  4. unksol said:
    HDMI is basically the same as DVI. you can get an adapter or cable to DVI for a few bucks and just use the 5850. Dual graphics should work, but if its being difficult there's an easy way around it

That worked thanks!

On a related note does anyone know if there is a way to flip the left and right screen merging? Let me explain. My desk is a corner unit and only has free space on the left side. My main display is on the right. So when I move my mouse to the right of the screen to get to the other monitor which is actually on my left side it seems backwards. Is there a way to reverse the way the mouse goes from screen to screen without physically moving the monitors?
  5. knight_40k said:
    That worked thanks!

On a related note does anyone know if there is a way to flip the left and right screen merging? Let me explain. My desk is a corner unit and only has free space on the left side. My main display is on the right. So when I move my mouse to the right of the screen to get to the other monitor which is actually on my left side it seems backwards. Is there a way to reverse the way the mouse goes from screen to screen without physically moving the monitors?

This one you can set in Windows. Go to display setting & you can drag the monitor from left to right.
  6. Best answer selected by knight_40k.
Ask a new question

Read More

Graphics Cards DVI Radeon Graphics