Sign in with
Your question
Solved

Multiple display using 2500k/radeon 5850

Last response: in Graphics & Displays
May 26, 2012 7:47:46 PM

I am trying to get 2 displays working and can't figure it out. I have MSI Z68A-GD65/2500k and Radeon 5850. The 5850 only has 1 of each DVI/DP/HDMI port. My 24" monitor is DVI and I have a 20" which will be VGA for the time being but DVI capable.

I went to the bios and enabled multiple display and in windows I attempted to detect the other monitor but couldn't read it. When I changed vurtu mode using both I and D it seems only 1 or the other will be active at a time. How can I get both to work?
May 26, 2012 9:12:56 PM

Hello knight_40k, I'm assuming that both monitors are plugged into the 5850?

I used to have xfired 5850's and it was pretty standard plug and play for x2 monitors.
m
l
May 26, 2012 10:32:41 PM

No, one monitor is plugged into the 5850, the other is in the onboard 2500k. I thought this mobo was capable of doing this dual setup. Am I wrong? Reason being is both my monitors are DVI/VGA and my 5850 only has 1 DVI.
m
l
Related resources

Best solution

a c 78 U Graphics card
May 26, 2012 10:47:23 PM

HDMI is basically the same as DVI. you can get an adapter or cable to DVI for a few bucks and just use the 5850. Dual graphics should work, but if its being difficult there's an easy way around it
May 27, 2012 12:00:07 AM

unksol said:
HDMI is basically the same as DVI. you can get an adapter or cable to DVI for a few bucks and just use the 5850. Dual graphics should work, but if its being difficult there's an easy way around it

That worked thanks!

On a related note does anyone know if there is a way to flip the left and right screen merging? Let me explain. My desk is a corner unit and only has free space on the left side. My main display is on the right. So when I move my mouse to the right of the screen to get to the other monitor which is actually on my left side it seems backwards. Is there a way to reverse the way the mouse goes from screen to screen without physically moving the monitors?
m
l
a b U Graphics card
May 27, 2012 12:46:21 AM

knight_40k said:
That worked thanks!

On a related note does anyone know if there is a way to flip the left and right screen merging? Let me explain. My desk is a corner unit and only has free space on the left side. My main display is on the right. So when I move my mouse to the right of the screen to get to the other monitor which is actually on my left side it seems backwards. Is there a way to reverse the way the mouse goes from screen to screen without physically moving the monitors?

This one you can set in Windows. Go to display setting & you can drag the monitor from left to right.

m
l
May 27, 2012 5:36:57 AM

Best answer selected by knight_40k.
m
l
!