Solved

Thinking about building my first computer...

So I am thinking about tackling my first computer build. Being as this is my first build I tried to stick to a budget around $800 dollars (minus peripherals). Just curious if you guys would have any feedback as to my build? Any changes? Thoughts?

CPU: Intel Core i5-2500K 3.3GHz Quad-Core Processor ($169.99 @ Microcenter)

Motherboard: ASRock Z77 Extreme4 ATX LGA1155 Motherboard ($114.99 @ Newegg)

Memory: Corsair Vengeance 8GB (2 x 4GB) DDR3-1600 Memory ($52.28 @ Amazon)

Hard Drive: Western Digital Caviar Blue 500GB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive ($59.55 @ NCIX US)

Video Card: Asus Radeon HD 7850 2GB Video Card ($249.99 @ Amazon)

Case: Cooler Master HAF 912 ATX Mid Tower Case ($49.99 @ SuperBiiz)

Power Supply: OCZ 600W ATX12V / EPS12V Power Supply ($49.99 @ Newegg)

Optical Drive: Asus DRW-24B1ST/BLK/B/AS DVD/CD Writer ($24.98 @ Newegg)

Operating System: Microsoft Windows 7 Home Premium SP1 (64-bit) ($90.65 @ Amazon)

Total: $862.41
6 answers Last reply Best Answer
More about thinking building computer
  1. Also any suggestions or tips from old pros on how to make the install easier? Things you have picked up along the way?
  2. Best answer
    Thats a good build. You can follow the building guide on toms or a video like this:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uUY0tP5jYIo

This guy is funny and will walk you through the entire build -
  3. Thanks for the link man, I will have to watch this as I put it together. I just ordered these parts! Excited to get building.
  4. avenseth12 said:
    Thats a good build. You can follow the building guide on toms or a video like this:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uUY0tP5jYIo

This guy is funny and will walk you through the entire build -

Yes, his videos are very good, he did an updated one this year as well. I also watched the three part series on the newegg website before building mine.

To the OP - if you think you're excited now, wait till that newegg box arrives, but careful, it's addicting - I'm already itching to build another. :whistle:
  5. ya i built one and then had to build 4 more - it is addictive
  6. Best answer selected by natea58201.
Ask a new question

Read More

Homebuilt Systems