instance dungeons

what's the deal with these dungeons? I was in The Temple of Atal'Hakkar and
i searched it and found absolutly nothing. No monsters, no npc's, nothing.
The only thing i found is some strange semitransparent, whirlwind like
passage in the hall of blood, and i couldnt go trough it. I also have that
Atlas map, but it doesnt look anything like where i was.

Can someone please explain to me whats so special about these instances, coz
everybody's talking about them, and i'm lvl 62 mage and i still dont know
anything about them.

thanks
21 answers Last reply
More about instance dungeons

    Monkeyboy wrote:
    > what's the deal with these dungeons? I was in The Temple of Atal'Hakkar and
    > i searched it and found absolutly nothing. No monsters, no npc's, nothing.
    > The only thing i found is some strange semitransparent, whirlwind like
    > passage in the hall of blood, and i couldnt go trough it. I also have that
    > Atlas map, but it doesnt look anything like where i was.
    >
    > Can someone please explain to me whats so special about these instances, coz
    > everybody's talking about them, and i'm lvl 62 mage

    You had me going up to here.

    > and i'm lvl 62 mage

    Yeah, uh huh.

    Regards,
    Noal

    --
    Dharzhak - Night Elf Druid (60) on Stormrage [PvE]
    Kemwer - Tauren Warrior (28) on Stormrage [PvE]

    > i'm playing on a cracked (free) server, where lvl 60 isn't max,
    > if that's what you were refering to

    You boys may want to pay attention to the ass reaming that the Bnetd
    guys got in court back in the D2 days...

    Regards,
    Noal

    --
    Dharzhak - Night Elf Druid (60) on Stormrage [PvE]
    Kemwer - Tauren Warrior (32) on Stormrage [PvE]

    Noal McDonald wrote:
    >> and i'm lvl 62 mage
    >
    > Yeah, uh huh.
    >
    > Regards,
    > Noal

    whats the problem?

    In <d8kiuu$hhv$1@ss405.t-com.hr> "Monkeyboy" <shiljo666@icqmail.com> writes:

    > i'm playing on a cracked (free) server, where lvl 60 isn't max, if that's
    > what you were refering to

    Sounds like your cracked server doesn't properly support instances, then.

    John Gordon wrote:
    > In <d8kiuu$hhv$1@ss405.t-com.hr> "Monkeyboy" <shiljo666@icqmail.com>
    > writes:
    >
    >> i'm playing on a cracked (free) server, where lvl 60 isn't max, if
    >> that's what you were refering to
    >
    > Sounds like your cracked server doesn't properly support instances,
    > then.

    yes, i checked the forum at www.project-wow.com where i downloaded the game,
    and it looks like the instances are not working (yet).

    begin 666 frown.gif
    M1TE&.#EA#P`/`)$``````+V]O8RM_[V]O2'Y! $```,`+ `````/``\```(O
    MG V9QY,"X6) QBK P?A*E$5BI76/9*:7*K:K"Y^H,CK6^-GPM>U9(T,U-@H-
    $HP``.P``
    `
    end

    "Monkeyboy" <shiljo666@icqmail.com> wrote in message
    > what's the deal with these dungeons? I was in The Temple of Atal'Hakkar
    > and
    > i searched it and found absolutly nothing. No monsters, no npc's, nothing.
    > The only thing i found is some strange semitransparent, whirlwind like
    > passage in the hall of blood, and i couldnt go trough it. I also have that
    > Atlas map, but it doesnt look anything like where i was.
    >
    > Can someone please explain to me whats so special about these instances,
    > coz
    > everybody's talking about them, and i'm lvl 62 mage and i still dont know
    > anything about them.
    >
    > thanks

    ROTFLMAO .... you 11-year olds crack me up ...

    Monkeyboy <shiljo666@icqmail.com> stared blankly into space for a
    short while before writing:
    > what's the deal with these dungeons? I was in The Temple of
    > Atal'Hakkar and i searched it and found absolutly nothing. No
    > monsters, no npc's, nothing. The only thing i found is some strange
    > semitransparent, whirlwind like passage in the hall of blood, and i
    > couldnt go trough it. I also have that Atlas map, but it doesnt
    > look anything like where i was.
    >
    > Can someone please explain to me whats so special about these
    > instances, coz everybody's talking about them, and i'm lvl 62 mage
    > and i still dont know anything about them.

    ROFL!!

    Good post, I needed a laugh for today :)

    --
    Doc

    Paske wrote:
    > ROTFLMAO .... you 11-year olds crack me up ...

    read all the posts first, then reply

    moron

    Doc wrote:
    > ROFL!!
    >
    > I needed a laugh for today :)

    try looking in the mirror

    "Monkeyboy" <shiljo666@icqmail.com> wrote:

    > Paske wrote:
    >> ROTFLMAO .... you 11-year olds crack me up ...
    >
    > read all the posts first, then reply

    I guess he did.

    > moron

    Chris

    --
    [WoW] Wildcard - Treehugging Tauren (50) on EN Sunstrider [PvP]
    Lonewalker - Striding Tauren (14) on EN Sunstrider [PvP]

    Christian Stauffer wrote:
    > I guess he did.

    i dont think he did. Or he never heard about wow emulators where there are
    NO LEVEL LIMITS!!!!!

    On Tue, 14 Jun 2005 13:46:47 +0200, "Monkeyboy"
    <shiljo666@icqmail.com> wrote:

    >Christian Stauffer wrote:
    >> I guess he did.
    >

    >i dont think he did. Or he never heard about wow emulators where there are
    >NO LEVEL LIMITS!!!!!

    What do you think of Battlegrounds then ;-p

    --
    "Nintendo could have been making all the mistakes in the world before.
    But because they were up against Sega, nobody noticed"

    Monkeyboy wrote:
    > John Gordon wrote:
    >>In <d8kiuu$hhv$1@ss405.t-com.hr> "Monkeyboy" <shiljo666@icqmail.com>
    >>writes:
    >>>i'm playing on a cracked (free) server, where lvl 60 isn't max, if
    >>>that's what you were refering to
    >>
    >>Sounds like your cracked server doesn't properly support instances,
    >>then.
    >
    > yes, i checked the forum at www.project-wow.com where i downloaded the game,
    > and it looks like the instances are not working (yet).

    Sounds like you got what you paid for, loser. I'm happy to say that I
    seem to be having a lot more fun for my 10c or so per hour than you're
    having for free.

    Cheers!
    David...

    Monkeyboy <shiljo666@icqmail.com> stared blankly into space for a
    short while before writing:
    > Christian Stauffer wrote:
    >> I guess he did.
    >

    > i dont think he did. Or he never heard about wow emulators where
    > there are NO LEVEL LIMITS!!!!!

    And no instances apparently:)

    --
    Doc

    "Monkeyboy" <shiljo666@icqmail.com> wrote:
    > Christian Stauffer wrote:
    > > I guess he did.
    >
    > i dont think he did. Or he never heard about wow emulators where there
    > are NO LEVEL LIMITS!!!!!

    There are, level 255 AFAIK. At least that bit I snapped up in some
    semi-official statement that this is the max level the game supports for
    players. Would fit nicely into a byte, too.

    However that is a bit besides the point. It really is hilarious that you
    played that much on a completely unofficial and incomplete, not to mention
    entirely different "realm" and expected it to be the real thing. Yes you
    saved the money it would have cost you. You did get something quite
    different though.

    Do not expect to _ever_ play the same game that (supposedly) most of us in
    here do. The world terrain may be the same thing, the rest is an
    approximation with many many omissions and alterations. And unless the
    people working on the emulators are willing to invest many man-years, you
    can forget all the advanced and high-level stuff like BGs. The chances of
    that happening are next to zero.

    So in my opinion you've wasted a lot of time on a defunct game version. I
    suppose it didn't cost you anything at least, but if it did (and be that
    only ISP costs) consider yourself scammed. If you want the "real thing" you
    have to pay for the account and the montly fee. There is absolutely no way
    around it at this point in time and with all the things I know about the
    game's inner workings, I'd expect it stays that way forever.

    CU

    René

    Usenet Newsgroup Service $9.95/Month 30GB

    In article <MPG.1d18e4315a038ba9989b6c@nntp.dsl.pipex.com>, Stoneskin
    <no@thanks.com> wrote:
    > Pikey.

    Oh, I was with you all the way until the last word.... what exactly do
    you mean by that, as an insult to a dumb games pirate?

    ___
    Neil
    aka HighVis

    Neil Jones left a note on my windscreen which said:

    > > Pikey.
    >
    > Oh, I was with you all the way until the last word.... what exactly do
    > you mean by that, as an insult to a dumb games pirate?

    http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=pikey&r=f

    In this context generally meant as thieving scum. Probably drives an
    untaxed nova and would steal your kidneys given the chance.

    --
    Stoneskin

    My personal army of Sash Crackers on Sunstrider are...

    Necrofear - lvl 57 Undead Priest
    Relinquished - lvl 21 Undead Warlock
    Jericho - lvl 19 Undead Mage
    Wartorn - lvl 14 Tauren Warrior
    Jigen - lvl 12 Orc Rogue
    Nightmane - lvl 2 Tauren Druid

    In article <MPG.1d1badf98ce41ea5989b71@nntp.dsl.pipex.com>, Stoneskin
    <no@thanks.com> wrote:

    > Neil Jones left a note on my windscreen which said:
    >
    > > > Pikey.
    > >
    > > Oh, I was with you all the way until the last word.... what exactly do
    > > you mean by that, as an insult to a dumb games pirate?
    >
    > http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=pikey&r=f
    >
    > In this context generally meant as thieving scum.

    'Meant' being the operative word. It's almost always used as a
    derogatory term for gypsies, and is at best unhelpful to an already
    discriminated-against community. Surely you can come up with other
    words for thieving scum that don't also carry racial/cultural
    overtones?

    ___
    Neil
    aka HighVis

    Neil Jones left a note on my windscreen which said:

    > > http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=pikey&r=f
    > >
    > > In this context generally meant as thieving scum.
    >
    > 'Meant' being the operative word. It's almost always used as a
    > derogatory term for gypsies, and is at best unhelpful to an already
    > discriminated-against community. Surely you can come up with other
    > words for thieving scum that don't also carry racial/cultural
    > overtones?

    I really, really don't want to get into a PC discussion.
    --
    Stoneskin

    My personal army of Sash Crackers on Sunstrider are...

    Necrofear - lvl 57 Undead Priest
    Relinquished - lvl 21 Undead Warlock
    Jericho - lvl 19 Undead Mage
    Wartorn - lvl 14 Tauren Warrior