Sign in with
Your question

Need help on my computer and or video card

Last response: in Graphics & Displays
May 26, 2012 10:10:29 PM

hi guys im new on this website and i want to know what u think of my computer it isnt a great computer but gets it done.
my comp spec are :

am3400e2212
aspire
windows 7 home premium 64 bit
amd athion tm II x4
635 quad core proccesor
4 GB DDR3 memory
1tb hard drive
ati radeon hd 4250 graphics card

ps i havents updated my video card because i cant find the right driver i find a differnt one but it changes my screen settings.
if u think i can run diblo 3 or and games like that better because its no updated then pls be kind in fowarding the link . the website it self shows a different video card and doesnt work properly

what can i do i run wow cata very good but for some reason diablo even on the lowest settings it runs very lagged

thanks for your time and help

More about : computer video card

a b U Graphics card
May 27, 2012 12:53:18 AM

This is because you only have an integrated video card which is not suitable for gaming.
The only solution to get decent gaming on modern games is to buy a discrete graphics card.

The processor & RAM are good, by the way.
m
l
Related resources
a b U Graphics card
May 27, 2012 1:01:33 AM

rolli59 said:
Your HD4250 is an onboard card not well suited for gaming! Unfortunately it does not have a PCIe X16 expansion slot to put in a dedicated card to improve its gaming performance! http://us.acer.com/ac/en/CA/content/model/PT.SE002.001

Ouch! That is too bad. That is why I really hate these OEM PC's.

Anyway the OP can still upgrade using PCIe x1 cards but doubt whether it is worth it. Might as well buy a new motherboard for a few bucks to allow for a decent GPU upgrade.
m
l
May 27, 2012 7:11:54 PM

so what can i do...
i dont really understand as to if i could just buy a better video card and install it or do i have to change the mother board on the website

http://us.acer.com/ac/en/CA/content/model/PT.SE002.001
it shows i have
Number of PCI Slots 2
Number of PCI Express x1 Slots 2

doesnt that mean i could buy and change both of them ...
im sorry for all this questions
im new at this and dont know what do do lol

m
l
a c 1411 U Graphics card
May 27, 2012 7:17:26 PM

Gaming cards require a PCI Express X16 slot so you are a little stumped when it comes to upgrade the card. They do make PCIe X1 and PCI cards but they are all low performance cards so upgrading to them is pointless.
m
l
May 27, 2012 10:03:07 PM

so which mother board do you guys recommend and around how much are we talking about or steps i can take to make my computer
am3400e2212
aspire
windows 7 home premium 64 bit
amd athion tm II x4
635 quad core proccesor
4 GB DDR3 memory
1tb hard drive
ati radeon hd 4250 graphics card

good for gaming ...
m
l
May 27, 2012 10:12:51 PM

or can i add something to my comp to be able to put a pci xpress x 16..?
m
l
a c 1411 U Graphics card
May 27, 2012 10:26:00 PM

You can get a mATX motherboard that fits your case but your OEM windows license is tied to your current board (requires begging with MS to re activate if replacing the board) .
m
l
!