Best card for i5-3570k processor

G

I'm looking for the best possible card for an i5-3570k gaming rig I'm setting up for under a thousand. Anything up to three hundred dollars is preferable. My CPU choice is set, but my motherboard isn't in case there's a graphics card support issue.
General builds are also welcomed.

G

I was thinking about buying a Crossfire/SLI compatible board and one card, so that I can buy the first card and run the rig without having the second for a while. Also, in the interests of other info, I'm just going with 8gb ram, a standard 500gb hdd. Are there any specific points I should be aware of as far as nVidia vs. AMD?

mvaughango

Honorable
Jun 5, 2012
Hi, I just purchased the i5 3570k Unlocked and in addition I am anxious to take out my 4 Gigs of Nvidea Gpu Ram and replacing it with the GTX 680. ( Or the GTX 690 if it doesn't kill my wallet! Lol)

I can tell you that the Motherboard I'm running with it(the i5 3570k) is the Asus Sabertooth Z77 Motherboard. Perfect for the CPU and 3.0USB Ready. DEFINATELY check it out

Even if your GPU is of lesser power, the overclock on the CPU can very safely be overclocked to 5 Gigs per core No problem. I'm sure if you wanted you could take it up more, but what's the point? Lol

If you don't have a cooler master or such, you might want to consider investing in one to keep things "cool".

The CPU fan works geat. I only mentions The GeForce GTX 680 b/c I've saved and waited for it, but it still is hanging around at about $450-$550 depending. Plus availability sucks... I am waiting now to decide on the 690-tough call!

I added two Cheetah 600Gig Raid cards that move at speeds hard to even clock, but again, that's for the type of work I do and the speeds I need.

Anyway, sorry for all the unsolicited addional info but I hope the Sabertooth works out if you go that way. I doubt you'll be disappointed.

Anyway that is my recommendation for a Motherboard... Check it out. Hope it helps out if you haven't
already gone there. :)]

Jan 3, 2013
I'm looking for the best possible card for an i5-3570k gaming rig I'm setting up for under a thousand. Anything up to three hundred dollars is preferable. My CPU choice is set, but my motherboard isn't in case there's a graphics card support issue.
General builds are also welcomed.

I just build a gaming rig myself with i5-3570k and was able to get my hands on Galaxy Geforce GTX 660 ti GC 3gb (it gets extremely close to GTX 670 level)version for $289.99 with MIR from NCIX i think this card is the best choice for most gamers who can's spend crazy dollar on other high end cards. this card can run anything you through at it on highest settings. However it was a boxing week sale and the card is probably back to regular $340 by now. Still there are many regular 2gb GTX 660 ti's on the market and you can get them for under $300, i'd still go with the Galaxytech since they have 2gb versions in nvidia stock or with improved cooling system.
Another decent choice would be a Radeon HD 7950 3gb, which is a solid piece of hardware, or more wallet friendly Radeon HD 7870.
Here a few links for you.
http://www.hardocp.com/article/2012/08/27/nvidia_geforce_gtx_660_ti_at_high_aa_settings_review/1
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EzWk49v2Ldk
http://www.galaxytechus.com/usa/product.aspx?serial=all
and dont think that i'm promoting Galaxy here :p it's just compared to ASUS or EVGA, you pay less for the brand but still get great quality products.