USB storage device Question

I am using a program to autorun a program on my usb storage device. How do I
get windows to stop popping up the message "This device contains more than
one file type what do you want windows to do? I just want it to be plugged
in and then windows do nothing to the drive if I meed to get in I will go
through explorer. I;m running Roboform on the jumpdrive and don't need tog
et into the drive everytime I plug it up.
--
Temper
2 answers Last reply

    Hi,

    I do not have a USB thumb drive here to check this, but when the dialog pops up, select "Do nothing"
    from the list of actions and also put a check in the box "Remember this" (or something in those
    lines). This should prevent the dialog box from popping up next time. Hope this helps.

    --

    Anando
    Microsoft MVP- Windows Shell/User

    In memory of Alex Nichol

    Folder customizations
    http://newdelhi.sancharnet.in/minku

    Protect your PC!
    http://www.microsoft.com/protect

    On Tue, 5 Apr 2005 17:13:01 -0700, Temper <onehottemper@hotmail.com>
    >I am using a program to autorun a program on my usb storage device. How do I
    >get windows to stop popping up the message "This device contains more than
    >one file type what do you want windows to do? I just want it to be plugged
    >in and then windows do nothing to the drive if I meed to get in I will go
    >through explorer. I;m running Roboform on the jumpdrive and don't need tog
    >et into the drive everytime I plug it up.

    I have not tried it with a USB device, but the TWEAKUI program here
    does that for CD drives, so might for a USB

    John Thomas Smith
    http://www.direct2usales.com
    http://www.pacifier.com/~jtsmith

Configuration Storage USB Devices Windows XP