USB storage device Question

a b G Storage
April 5, 2005 9:13:01 PM

I am using a program to autorun a program on my usb storage device. How do I
get windows to stop popping up the message "This device contains more than
one file type what do you want windows to do? I just want it to be plugged
in and then windows do nothing to the drive if I meed to get in I will go
through explorer. I;m running Roboform on the jumpdrive and don't need tog
et into the drive everytime I plug it up.
--
Temper
Anonymous

Hi,

I do not have a USB thumb drive here to check this, but when the dialog pops up, select "Do nothing"
from the list of actions and also put a check in the box "Remember this" (or something in those
lines). This should prevent the dialog box from popping up next time. Hope this helps.

--

Anando
Microsoft MVP- Windows Shell/User

In memory of Alex Nichol

Folder customizations
http://newdelhi.sancharnet.in/minku

Protect your PC!
http://www.microsoft.com/protect

"Temper" <onehottemper@hotmail.com> wrote in message
>I am using a program to autorun a program on my usb storage device. How do I
> get windows to stop popping up the message "This device contains more than
> one file type what do you want windows to do? I just want it to be plugged
> in and then windows do nothing to the drive if I meed to get in I will go
> through explorer. I;m running Roboform on the jumpdrive and don't need tog
> et into the drive everytime I plug it up.
> --
> Temper
Anonymous
a b G Storage
April 6, 2005 1:55:25 PM

On Tue, 5 Apr 2005 17:13:01 -0700, Temper <onehottemper@hotmail.com>
>I am using a program to autorun a program on my usb storage device. How do I
>get windows to stop popping up the message "This device contains more than
>one file type what do you want windows to do? I just want it to be plugged
>in and then windows do nothing to the drive if I meed to get in I will go
>through explorer. I;m running Roboform on the jumpdrive and don't need tog
>et into the drive everytime I plug it up.

I have not tried it with a USB device, but the TWEAKUI program here
does that for CD drives, so might for a USB
http://www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/pro/downloads/powert...

John Thomas Smith
http://www.direct2usales.com
http://www.pacifier.com/~jtsmith