Radeon 6750M Undetectable by Laptop

alakalaka99

Honorable
May 26, 2012
I'm running a Samsung Series 7 Chronos NP700Z5AH-S04US laptop and while playing a game my computer crashed. I assumed it was overheating, and when I turned it back on, the resolution was lowered and limited and I couldn't detect either the Intel HD 3000 on board graphics or the discrete AMD Radeon 6750M. I managed to install the Intel drivers, so that chip works fine and I could up my resolution back to normal. However, Windows still doesn't detect the AMD chip. I've attempted to install various AMD drivers to no success. The auto-detect drivers from AMD say my "graphics adapter is not supported" or "We were unable to find your product or OS." I've used DriverSweeper and downloaded and installed the drivers directly from Samsung to no avail. In Windows Device Manager only the Intel HD 3000 is shown, and this follows with dxdiag and GPU-Z. Before this incident I have had no problems with the graphics card or graphics drivers.

I just updated the BIOS using Samsung's software, after my problem occurred, and there are no graphics options to be seen.

I've read around and this has happened to owners of the Samsung Series 7 before, and in most cases reformatting and reinstalling Windows has done nothing. Is there anything at all that can be done?

Specs are here.

Thanks!

bartekmp

Honorable
Sep 6, 2012
Hi!
I have got a Samsung S7 NP700Z5A-S02PL (Polish version) and the same problem occured to me. Win 7 doesn't see my AMD 6750M card. When I used the AMD Driver Detect, it showed me 0x8086 - 0x116 PCI instead of AMD Radeon 6750M model. Driver Cleaner, BIOS updating didn't help. Device Manager and any other stuff can't detect the graphics card. Full recovery with the Samsung software also didn't help. My computer has a new motherboard, which was replaced while laptop was in for a service.
Only Intel HD Graphics drivers could be installed.
While installing the AMD Catalyst I always have some errors, which are ridiculous ('Installation is completed, but some warnings occured').