Sign in with
Your question

Corsair 500R Case Cables

Last response: in Components
November 30, 2012 11:37:31 PM

I am installing a Corsair 500r case, Corsair TX650 Power Supply and a ASRock Z77 Extreme4/A/ASR Motherboard.

There are two cables coming from the 500R front panel which are not labeled and not obvious as to where they go.

I will call the first cable, Cable 1. It has a 3 pin connector which does not mate with either the motherboard or the power supply. It requires a mating female connector. It is very short barely reaching the MB.

The other cable I will call Cable 2. It has a 4 pin connector normally associated with power. The cable has only two conductors. I'm guessing that it is for 12 volts to the front panel fans and simply needs to be plugged into a 12 volt power supply cable however the connector is the wrong sex.

If anyone has this case and is familiar with what these cables are and where they should be connected with the proper adapter please let me know.

Thank you.

Edited Again:
December 4, 2012 6:34:25 PM

You've prob figured this out by now but just in case...Cable 1 is to connect the 200mm side fan and cable 2 connects to a Molex on your psu.
m
l
a c 104 ) Power supply
December 4, 2012 6:37:08 PM

And cable two is a passthrough molex,(Two wires are 5v and ground) so plug the Psu's molex into the back (as you are holding it in the pic)
and then you can use it to plug into another device if you wish, the power passes through that block
Moto
m
l
!