Help problems with my first build

robotsdidyourmom

Honorable
Jun 21, 2012
The motherboard im using is the ASRock Z77 Extreme4 LGA 1155 every thing looks like its working fine but my keyboard's NumLock, CapsLock, and ScrollLock are all flashing green I think it might be because on my I/O panel there is only one slot for keyboard and mouse it is half green and half purple. I have a usb mouse and it works fine i had to use the onscreen keyboard to register windows tho.

My second problem is that my computer recognized my SSD just fine when i installed windows and after the install I hooked up my HDD to the slot above the SSD and my HDD is not appearing under hard disk drives.

My third problems is that I do not have an optical drive so i cannot install any of the disks that came with my SSD,GPU,and MOBO. Is there a way I can put them on usbs and install them like that?

Use a USB keyboard, PS2 is old anyway. And I suspect that the PS2 port not working and the Driver disc not being installed are related.

You need to go to Disk Management to format the HDD, otherwise Windows doesn't recognize it. Type "Create and format Hard Disk partitions" in the search bar in the start menu, click on what comes up. The HDD should be in there,right click it and tell it to format. Windows Explorer should then recognize it.

You can download the the drivers from the AsRock (or other) website and install it or copy the discs content onto a USB if you have another PC (which you must if you can post here without networking drivers). Or download onto another PC and use a flash drive to get the new build working.
http://www.asrock.com/mb/Intel/Z77%20Extreme4/?cat=Download&o=Win764

robotsdidyourmom

Honorable
Jun 21, 2012

Thanks for the reply, well then im going to buy a usb keyboard tomorrow also I had some questions about Disk Management, so i click disk 1 it says unknown next to it then I right click it and it says initialize disk I'm assuming its pretty much the same thing as format then the part I'm stuck at is when it asks me what partition style i want to use there is MBR and GTP i dont know witch one to pick? when i do the HDD working how do i chose which hard drive i want to save stuff to?