Sign in with
Your question

3930k slow video rendering

Last response: in CPUs
December 1, 2012 12:06:21 AM

So I built my computer recently here are the specs:
Computer Specs:
GPU: Asus GTX 560ti (830 MHz) ( I got it earlier)
CPU: i7-3930k @ 3.2Ghz
RAM: 8gb Corsair Vengeance
HardDrive: 1TB Caviar Black WD (7200rpm)
MOBO: Sabertooth x79
PSU: 750watt CM GX
Case:Nzxt Switch 810

It's pretty beast (so I think) but when rendering a video 24minutes long it takes 50minutes

I edit with sony vegas 11 and record with Fraps

My friend records a 25minute video in 35minutes (he has a 2600)

obviously the 3930k should be faster & the only difference is he records with dxtory

dxtory is kinda the same but you can choose what pixels you record at (1080p, 720p etc..)

I record at my monitor size (1080p) and render at 720p so could it be that changing the pixel size is alot of work??
a c 143 à CPUs
December 1, 2012 12:13:55 AM

Add 2 more hard drives. 1 scratch and 1 destination drive and remember to set vegas up to use them as such.

Also you friend likely has overclocked his 2600, and rightly so, the 3930 overclocks too :-)
m
l
December 1, 2012 12:29:32 AM

popatim said:
Add 2 more hard drives. 1 scratch and 1 destination drive and remember to set vegas up to use them as such.

Also you friend likely has overclocked his 2600, and rightly so, the 3930 overclocks too :-)

Well It's not overclocked, neither of ours are and my raw videos are actually smaller (in gbs his is 60 and mine is 40)
m
l
Related resources
a c 78 à CPUs
December 1, 2012 1:32:30 AM

Are you both using hardware acceleration? Quick-sync?

I use PD9. All CPU gets me a little slower than real time rendering 10min video renders in ~11 minutes.

With cuda eneabled (hardware acceleration) my times are a little faster than real time.

I have never used Sony Vegas though so I don't know if my PD9 is just faster or if it's a hardware issue on your end.

Also remember that effects add time to rendering.

The times above are just from flipping video from the track 180 degrees. When I mess with lighting, color balance and all that, render times go up.

m
l
December 1, 2012 2:01:52 AM

Z1NONLY said:
Are you both using hardware acceleration? Quick-sync?

I use PD9. All CPU gets me a little slower than real time rendering 10min video renders in ~11 minutes.

With cuda eneabled (hardware acceleration) my times are a little faster than real time.

I have never used Sony Vegas though so I don't know if my PD9 is just faster or if it's a hardware issue on your end.

Also remember that effects add time to rendering.

The times above are just from flipping video from the track 180 degrees. When I mess with lighting, color balance and all that, render times go up.

Im not for either I do have cuda enabled and it could be possible that I have 560ti and he has a 660ti which has alot more cuda cores (does that really do alot?) and does cuda cores stack when in sli?
m
l
a c 78 à CPUs
December 2, 2012 2:04:10 AM

moomoomage said:
Im not for either I do have cuda enabled and it could be possible that I have 560ti and he has a 660ti which has alot more cuda cores (does that really do alot?) and does cuda cores stack when in sli?

My 560's don't "stack" with PD9, but I don't know about your software.
m
l
!