3930k slow video rendering

So I built my computer recently here are the specs:
Computer Specs:
GPU: Asus GTX 560ti (830 MHz) ( I got it earlier)
CPU: i7-3930k @ 3.2Ghz
RAM: 8gb Corsair Vengeance
HardDrive: 1TB Caviar Black WD (7200rpm)
MOBO: Sabertooth x79
PSU: 750watt CM GX
Case:Nzxt Switch 810

It's pretty beast (so I think) but when rendering a video 24minutes long it takes 50minutes

I edit with sony vegas 11 and record with Fraps

My friend records a 25minute video in 35minutes (he has a 2600)

obviously the 3930k should be faster & the only difference is he records with dxtory

dxtory is kinda the same but you can choose what pixels you record at (1080p, 720p etc..)

I record at my monitor size (1080p) and render at 720p so could it be that changing the pixel size is alot of work??
5 answers Last reply
More about 3930k slow video rendering
  1. Add 2 more hard drives. 1 scratch and 1 destination drive and remember to set vegas up to use them as such.

Also you friend likely has overclocked his 2600, and rightly so, the 3930 overclocks too :-)
  2. popatim said:
    Add 2 more hard drives. 1 scratch and 1 destination drive and remember to set vegas up to use them as such.

Also you friend likely has overclocked his 2600, and rightly so, the 3930 overclocks too :-)

Well It's not overclocked, neither of ours are and my raw videos are actually smaller (in gbs his is 60 and mine is 40)
  3. Are you both using hardware acceleration? Quick-sync?

I use PD9. All CPU gets me a little slower than real time rendering 10min video renders in ~11 minutes.

With cuda eneabled (hardware acceleration) my times are a little faster than real time.

I have never used Sony Vegas though so I don't know if my PD9 is just faster or if it's a hardware issue on your end.

Also remember that effects add time to rendering.

The times above are just from flipping video from the track 180 degrees. When I mess with lighting, color balance and all that, render times go up.
  4. Z1NONLY said:
    Are you both using hardware acceleration? Quick-sync?

I use PD9. All CPU gets me a little slower than real time rendering 10min video renders in ~11 minutes.

With cuda eneabled (hardware acceleration) my times are a little faster than real time.

I have never used Sony Vegas though so I don't know if my PD9 is just faster or if it's a hardware issue on your end.

Also remember that effects add time to rendering.

The times above are just from flipping video from the track 180 degrees. When I mess with lighting, color balance and all that, render times go up.

Im not for either I do have cuda enabled and it could be possible that I have 560ti and he has a 660ti which has alot more cuda cores (does that really do alot?) and does cuda cores stack when in sli?
  5. moomoomage said:
    Im not for either I do have cuda enabled and it could be possible that I have 560ti and he has a 660ti which has alot more cuda cores (does that really do alot?) and does cuda cores stack when in sli?

My 560's don't "stack" with PD9, but I don't know about your software.
Ask a new question

Read More

CPUs Computers Video