How will the price of parts change

twitch1994

Distinguished
Jul 14, 2011
OK the thing is i want to build a computer but wont be doing so until christmas. So my question is will the parts i want to buy be the same price or will they have changed any.
I intend to use the following;

CPU: Intel Core i5 3450

Motherboard: unsure suggestions would be nice :)

RAM: 4GB Corsair DDR3 1600mhz Vengeance

HDD: not sure

GPU: AMD Radeon HD 7850 2GB

PSU: 600W Xigmatek

dingo07

Distinguished
the prices across the board will be the same, however, the speed at which the components operate will continue to increase over time.

Such is the timeline of computer components.

I would wait until then because of the holiday sales, but, you risk not getting the exact parts you want that may be sought after vicously because of the reduced pricing

got it...?

5 months is a long time in pc component world.

All of the parts you listed will still be available, and probably at lower prices then.

On the cpu, Intel may get some price pressure from some upcoming amd chips.
The dual core ivy bridge chips should become available by then.

Any z77 based motherboard will do the job, most are fully featured, depending on the form factor(ATX, M-ATX, ITX).

4gb of ram is too small, these days. Look at 8gb, and the prices will be still competitive.

On Hard drives, prices are still coming down as the recovery from the Thailand floods continues. But... SSD prices are also dropping.
I would plan a build based on a SSD of 120gb or more and adding a hard drive only for large files like video's.

Nvidia midrange graphics cards will arrive in your time frame to compete with the 7850.

There are a number of good quality psu's available. Look also to Seasonic, Corsair, XFX, PC P&C, and Antec.
Sales here are frequent, so this is one item you could buy early.

Another early shopping candidate is a case. Try to find a case you are enthusiastic about, and then look for sales on it.

TRENDING THREADS