dDougthehead

Distinguished
Dec 17, 2011
Hey, i bought my computer xmas past and initially had trouble with the graphics card not being recognized but after posting on this forum i got it sorted,now i am having a similar problem. It was working fine till earlier today, then as i was playing worldoftanks the game froze so i had to reset my computer but the display went dead and it will only work when i take the hd cable and plug it into the old integrated graphics slot. I removed the graphics card blew any dust off and reset it securely back in its slot and nothing, the fans on the card are working, i went to display drivers to check but there is only the integrated graphics card option i am guessing its toasted but i said i'd check here before deciding what to do next.

jasont78

Distinguished
Feb 25, 2009

+1 i always blame psu first then motherboard and gpu an on level pegging for failure

dDougthehead

Distinguished
Dec 17, 2011

dont have anyone with a machine that i can try the card out on, the psu a 850watt something max, can't remember off the top of my head, its a poor brand but i remember checking it out before i got it and it was an old andyson (if i remember the name correctly) psu that was re-branded which was supposed to be fairly decent,the cables are in fine as far as i cant tell the 2 fans on the card are working fine. i have another pcie slot but its difficult to get to, there is some clutter there but i maybe able to get it in there, i tried earlier but it was 4am and maybe i was a little sleepy:)

randomkid

Distinguished
What is the brand & model of the 6950? Like unksol said, try in the other ports of the video card. I have similar experience with my Sapphire 6950 Flex where display will suddenly blink or go out of one port & it needs to be reset many times before it is able to display again.