Contents in C Drive

April 6, 2005 3:41:02 AM

Every time I click on The "C" Drive the Search Menu pops up instead of the
contents oin the "C" Drive. How do I get the "C" Drive to open its contents
when I click on it instead of the Search Menu?

More about : contents drive

April 6, 2005 6:30:00 AM

Easy fix: Go to Start/Run and type in: regsvr32 /i shell32

If that doesn't correct the issue (and it should) use this automated edit:

Search or CMD Opens When Double Clicking a Folder or Drive (Line 18)

To use the VBS File: Download .vbs file and save it to your hard drive (you
may want to right click and use Save Target As). Double-click the vbs file.
You will be prompted when the script is done.

NOTE: If your anti-virus software warns you of a "malicious" script, this
is normal if you have "Script Safe" or similar technology enabled. These
scripts are not malicious, but they do make changes to the System Registry.

--

All the Best,
Kelly (MS-MVP)

Troubleshooting Windows XP
http://www.kellys-korner-xp.com

"trojan8285" <trojan8285@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Every time I click on The "C" Drive the Search Menu pops up instead of the
> contents oin the "C" Drive. How do I get the "C" Drive to open its
> contents
> when I click on it instead of the Search Menu?
Anonymous
April 6, 2005 1:30:22 PM

"trojan8285" <trojan8285@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:

>Every time I click on The "C" Drive the Search Menu pops up instead of the
>contents oin the "C" Drive. How do I get the "C" Drive to open its contents
>when I click on it instead of the Search Menu?

See "Search Companion Starts If You Double-Click a Folder"
(http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=321186).

--
(tm)
Anonymous

This problem occurs when you alter the "Drive" / "File Folders" entries via
File Types dialog, to add a "Command Prompt here" or "Print Directory"
feature. (for example)

http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=321379
http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=321186

Resolution:

Click Start/Run and type this command to fix this problem:
(Tip from David Candy)

regsvr32 /i shell32.dll

-or-

To fix this manually via registry: