Contents in C Drive

Every time I click on The "C" Drive the Search Menu pops up instead of the
contents oin the "C" Drive. How do I get the "C" Drive to open its contents
when I click on it instead of the Search Menu?
3 answers Last reply
More about contents drive

    Easy fix: Go to Start/Run and type in: regsvr32 /i shell32

    If that doesn't correct the issue (and it should) use this automated edit:

    Search or CMD Opens When Double Clicking a Folder or Drive (Line 18)

    To use the VBS File: Download .vbs file and save it to your hard drive (you
    may want to right click and use Save Target As). Double-click the vbs file.
    You will be prompted when the script is done.

    NOTE: If your anti-virus software warns you of a "malicious" script, this
    is normal if you have "Script Safe" or similar technology enabled. These
    scripts are not malicious, but they do make changes to the System Registry.

    --

    All the Best,
    Kelly (MS-MVP)

    Troubleshooting Windows XP
    http://www.kellys-korner-xp.com

    "trojan8285" <trojan8285@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > Every time I click on The "C" Drive the Search Menu pops up instead of the
    > contents oin the "C" Drive. How do I get the "C" Drive to open its
    > contents
    > when I click on it instead of the Search Menu?

    "trojan8285" <trojan8285@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:

    >Every time I click on The "C" Drive the Search Menu pops up instead of the
    >contents oin the "C" Drive. How do I get the "C" Drive to open its contents
    >when I click on it instead of the Search Menu?

    See "Search Companion Starts If You Double-Click a Folder"
    (http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=321186).

    --
    (tm)

    This problem occurs when you alter the "Drive" / "File Folders" entries via
    File Types dialog, to add a "Command Prompt here" or "Print Directory"
    feature. (for example)

    http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=321379
    http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=321186

    Resolution:

    Click Start/Run and type this command to fix this problem:
    (Tip from David Candy)

    regsvr32 /i shell32.dll

    -or-

    To fix this manually via registry:

    If this problem is seen for Drives:

    HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\Drive\shell
    Set (default) to "none" (without ")

    If this problem is seen for folders:

    [HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\Directory\shell]
    Set (default) to "none" (without ")

    --
    Ramesh, Microsoft MVP
    Windows XP Shell/User

    "trojan8285" <trojan8285@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > Every time I click on The "C" Drive the Search Menu pops up instead of the
    > contents oin the "C" Drive. How do I get the "C" Drive to open its
    > contents
    > when I click on it instead of the Search Menu?

Configuration Customization Microsoft Windows XP