Mage Question

This may be stupid, but what's the deal with Dampen Magic and Amplify Magic?
I've been using Dampen Magic, but does it really lessen the effects of
heals? And does amplify magic really increase the amount of damage to the
target (e.g. me), although heals also? So I can understand Dampen Magic,
but do Mage's really use Amplify Magic? (I can't remember if that's the
exact name) Is Dampen Magic used normally, then Amplify Magic if with a
Priest (along with Mana Shield or Power Word: Shield or something?)

Basically what I'm asking is how various people use these two spells.

Thanks....

mikel

jab3 wrote:
> This may be stupid, but what's the deal with Dampen Magic and Amplify Magic?
> I've been using Dampen Magic, but does it really lessen the effects of
> heals? And does amplify magic really increase the amount of damage to the
> target (e.g. me), although heals also? So I can understand Dampen Magic,
> but do Mage's really use Amplify Magic? (I can't remember if that's the
> exact name) Is Dampen Magic used normally, then Amplify Magic if with a
> Priest (along with Mana Shield or Power Word: Shield or something?)
>
> Basically what I'm asking is how various people use these two spells.

Use dampen magic when you are going to fight another caster and want to
reduce the damage done by their spells. Yes it reduces heals. That'ss
the price you pay for reducing the damage. So you have to decide if the
tradeoff is worth it.

Use amplify magic to increase the effect of heals when you are certain
that no spellcasting will be used against your target. That is, almost
never. And that's about when mages use it: almost never.

Greg

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007

Use Dampen Magic when you're soloing and nobody's going to be healing
you.

--
Greg
phobos78-marslink-net