Sign in with
Your question

Capping upload speed

Last response: in Networking
July 24, 2011 9:31:23 PM

Hi everyone. I have a question about networking how can i cap a ips upload speed?
Now you may ask why. The reason is i have a sister who is addicted to youtube and she uploads videos alot. When she does its almost impossible to do anything on are internet. So is there a way i can cap a internal ip address?
Thanks~Dayto

More about : capping upload speed

July 25, 2011 3:16:12 PM

have you checked if your router supports QoS?

you might be able to set youtube to low priority.
m
l
July 25, 2011 5:24:45 PM

i have looked though my router and havent found anything ill recheck again but i dont think so
m
l
Related resources
July 26, 2011 12:12:42 AM

dayto11 said:
Hi everyone. I have a question about networking how can i cap a ips upload speed?
Now you may ask why. The reason is i have a sister who is addicted to youtube and she uploads videos alot. When she does its almost impossible to do anything on are internet. So is there a way i can cap a internal ip address?
Thanks~Dayto

Try using this.

http://www.softpedia.com/get/Network-Tools/Bandwidth-To...

It's called Traffic Shaper and it allows for you to monitor and manipulate traffic on your home network. From there you can limit services your sister uses (YouTube in this case), and it's free. There are a lot of other bandwidth management freewares out there, so if you don't like this one you can always move to another!

Best of luck.
m
l
July 26, 2011 7:39:25 AM

calmstateofmind said:
Try using this.

http://www.softpedia.com/get/Network-Tools/Bandwidth-To...

It's called Traffic Shaper and it allows for you to monitor and manipulate traffic on your home network. From there you can limit services your sister uses (YouTube in this case), and it's free. There are a lot of other bandwidth management freewares out there, so if you don't like this one you can always move to another!

Best of luck.

The program gives me a error when installing any other programs you know about?
m
l
!