Digital Camera Memory Stick Assistance Needed!

Last response: in Digital Camera
a b } Memory
August 17, 2005 5:17:37 PM

Archived from groups: comp.sys.mac.hardware.storage,comp.sys.mac.apps,rec.photo.digital (More info?)

I'm leaving on 2 week trip tomorrow morning and hopefully someone has a
solution to problem with one of my memory sticks.

I loaned a 128 mb Lexar memory stick to a friend, who for some reason
decided to reformat the stick on their computer (Mac) - guess they
thought they were being helpful cleaning up their files.

Now when I insert into camera it says "Format Error".

I went to set-up in menu on camera and hit "Format" but that doesn't
seem to do anything?

Is there another way on or off the camera to get this memory stick
re-formatted so the camera will recognize it?

Sony Camera Model DSC-S85
Anonymous
a b } Memory
August 17, 2005 5:32:53 PM

Archived from groups: comp.sys.mac.hardware.storage,comp.sys.mac.apps,rec.photo.digital (More info?)

Disregard previous post ... I tried "Format" again from the camera and
it *finally* took! Whew!
Anonymous
a b } Memory
August 17, 2005 9:06:15 PM

Surfer wrote:

> I'm leaving on 2 week trip tomorrow morning and hopefully someone has a
> solution to problem with one of my memory sticks.
>
> I loaned a 128 mb Lexar memory stick to a friend, who for some reason
> decided to reformat the stick on their computer (Mac) - guess they
> thought they were being helpful cleaning up their files.
>
> Now when I insert into camera it says "Format Error".
>
> I went to set-up in menu on camera and hit "Format" but that doesn't
> seem to do anything?
>
> Is there another way on or off the camera to get this memory stick
> re-formatted so the camera will recognize it?
>
> Sony Camera Model DSC-S85

Give it back to your Mac buddy
and have him format it for pc

Will