New system - no post, only long beeps

bebel_729

Distinguished
Mar 23, 2011
Hi,

I bought the parts specified below to build 5 identical systems.

Motherboard: Gigabyte GA A75M-S2V v1.0
CPU: AMD A6 3670K
Memory: Mushkin Silverline DDR3 1333 1.5V 4GB (1 memory stick per system)
HDD: OCZ Agility 3
Power supply: Corsair CX500
Case: Antec Three Hundred Two Premium

After i put together the system and power it on we've got just long beeps and nothing on the screen. We tried another Corsair power supply (identical with the initial one) and an Enermax (500W) but nothing has changed. We tried another processor (A6 3670K), another memory module and even another motherboard and still we've got the same issue: no post, only long beeps looping.

I also recorded the beeps but i cannot find a way to attach the mp3 file.

Any help with this issue would be very appreciated.

Thanks.

Roxas2030

Distinguished
Oct 19, 2011
Here check this out:

"**fixed**

After much trouble shooting and reading mass amount of forums i came to the conclusion that the long continuous beep is a "scream" and that is notifying me that my gpu is not fully plugged into my power supply... I had one female port plugged in but a male port wasn't so i plugged it in and no more scream computer boots up fine. After 2 months i have no idea why it started doing this now......

Little weird fix, but a fix is a fix amirite? "
from- http://www.tomshardware.com/forum/254540-30-motherboard-abit-ip35p-long-stop-beep-help

Anyways list your specs, try this solution first.

bebel_729

Distinguished
Mar 23, 2011
Hi guys,

you won't believe it....memory was the one to blame. Looks like the MUSHKIN SILVERLINE DD3 1333 (4GB single stick) are NOT compatible with this mobo.

thank you for your replies.